Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I like:

- Under on McCarthy (someone will trade to 4 or 5 for him)

- Over on the other QBs (Penix and Nix will be day 2 guys imo and the others will go well into day 3)

- Under on Harrison (I feel like Zona is just gonna take him)

- Under on Brian Thomas

- Powers-Johnson over (not hearing great things about him)

- Alt under, Tennessee is his floor

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

According to history, yes. Out of all positions TE has the strongest correlation between tested athleticism and NFL production. Not all elite athletes are elite TEs, but pretty much all elite TEs have elite testing. Someone like Mark Andrews is considered an outlier to this data.

https://x.com/MathBomb/status/1601988311236706304

https://x.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1759664161007550786

Yeah that’s really interesting. I would have guessed like CB or something would have the highest correlation, never would have guessed TE.

It’s probably a sample size bias for me as a Ravens fan having watched guys like old as hell Shannon Sharpe, Todd Heap, Dennis Pitta, old as hell Ben Watson, Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely put up really good TE seasons for us over the years. 

It’s probably also a testament to the fact that pretty much every TE nowadays is probably going to be a freak athlete regardless. Almost every TE in HS/college now is much more in the mold of the Antonio Gates’ than the Jason Witten’s it feels like

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I will say that one thing that is worth noting is that more and more prospects are simply bailing on agility drills, so a lot of this is no longer one for one

Agreed that top level athleticism is clearly a huge factor for top level success for TE’s.

However, I don’t agree with that tweet, we really don’t need testing on Bowers to know if he’s a top level athlete for the TE position. He is very clearly an elite athlete at TE and showed that the past 3 years. Stuff like hitting 21.9 mph on a 89 yard touchdown catch, and having 5 touchdowns of 70+ yards playing in the SEC among other things should alleviate any questions if he is an elite athlete or not at TE.

To me it’s similar to when Lamar Jackson didn’t run or test. I didn’t need testing numbers to know that he was a rare athlete at his position. Much like I don’t need testing numbers from Bowers to know that he’s doing things that are rare to see from a TE.

Like this isn’t normal to see a TE outrun an entire secondary like this clip below.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 3

Matt Barrows and Matt Maiocco both pushing receiver early for the niners. Sounds like the acknowledgement is that this is Deebo's last year on the team and they are basically building a succession plan. Barrows even hinted they could double dip. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Matt Barrows and Matt Maiocco both pushing receiver early for the niners. Sounds like the acknowledgement is that this is Deebo's last year on the team and they are basically building a succession plan. Barrows even hinted they could double dip. 

What's the word on Aiyuk? Huge changes for the 9ers O if he bolts and Deebo is gone like you mentioned.