Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m so confused. The reports on Brown confirm all the early Mocks/Rankings in January which had Brown go universally Top 3 back then. 

The report on Henderson is smoke because he never went Top 15 in Jan-Feb. His real value in January-Feb was in the Mid 20’s. Therefore that report isn’t “confirming” anything. It’s just a new thing. 

Neither is the "report" on brown....they are the exact same thing. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just because the media didn't know/think CJ was a top 10-12 player among teams doesn't mean it hasn't been the case dating back to then.

A guy who refuses to tackle isn’t going in the Top 15 selections. 

Guys like this guy go no where close to that. 

Look at Greedy last year. Projected 18-23 in most mocks, fell to 46. Best cover corner of the draft. 

Henderson I think is a little better than Greedy but he probably drops too. 16-17 is Henderson’s usual range. I see him dropping slightly to 24. Definitely not going Top 15 imo.  

Edited by BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A guy who refuses to tackle isn’t going in the Top 15 selections. 

Guys like this guy no where close to that. 

Look at Greedy last year. Projected 18-23 in most mocks, fell to 46. Best cover corner of the draft. 

Henderson I think is a little better than Greedy but he probably drops too. 16-17 is Henderson’s usual range. I see him dropping slightly to 24. Definitely not going Top 15 imo.  

The 2018 tape was very good on Henderson. Guys with his athleticism and upside aren't plentiful. He has the traits to be an elite man to man corner...and those types definitely go top 15.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Peter King says Chiefs are looking to trade up for Henry Ruggs if he falls to the 20s.

hes pretty hooked into the Chiefs, was right on the FC trade last year and is good friends with Reid. 

SO. MUCH. SPEED.

Absolutely and if Hill has a hard time staying out of trouble he’d slide into that role. Obviously not seamless but it would help 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not calling you out specifically for this post but isnt every team in theory willing to deal? I mean if someone called Cincinnati with a ridiculous offer they’d take it

I think the point is that the niners are actively in market to make a trade and get out of their spot. Every team will listen. The niners appear to be actively trying to get out. 

Though in my opinion, they are being stupid about it. It seems like the team is flipping out becaues they don't don't have a pick in rounds 2/3/4. Yet they have 2 first round picks and 2 fifth round picks. That basically counters the lack of a second round pick, and the two fifths counter the lack of a fourth, especially given that the first 5th rounder is only 19 spots behind their original 4th rounder. 

You seriously trade with someone like cleveland at the back end of round one. 49ers trade 31 to Cleveland for 41 and 97. That's the value chart. That gives you a third round pick. YOu then have #13, #41, #97, no 4th, but the two fifths, a 6th and two 7ths. Like, how many picks do you need? On a roster that went to a super bowl, how many mid and late round picks are worth it? It really just seems like a lot of fuss over nothing for the 49ers. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Wait, Kiper has already written his final mock? I thought media best practice was to leave it until the night before in case of leaks

True his other best practice is performing 607000 mocks so when he gets 1 right he can tell world he had that one right at some point in this process 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the point is that the niners are actively in market to make a trade and get out of their spot. Every team will listen. The niners appear to be actively trying to get out. 

Though in my opinion, they are being stupid about it. It seems like the team is flipping out becaues they don't don't have a pick in rounds 2/3/4. Yet they have 2 first round picks and 2 fifth round picks. That basically counters the lack of a second round pick, and the two fifths counter the lack of a fourth, especially given that the first 5th rounder is only 19 spots behind their original 4th rounder. 

You seriously trade with someone like cleveland at the back end of round one. 49ers trade 31 to Cleveland for 41 and 97. That's the value chart. That gives you a third round pick. YOu then have #13, #41, #97, no 4th, but the two fifths, a 6th and two 7ths. Like, how many picks do you need? On a roster that went to a super bowl, how many mid and late round picks are worth it? It really just seems like a lot of fuss over nothing for the 49ers. 

I mean, going from 31 and then not picking again until 156 is a LONG time to go without picks.  You lose a TON of flexibility by doing so.  I don't think they're likely to move back from 13 unless the board is rough, so moving down from 31 is reasonable.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, going from 31 and then not picking again until 156 is a LONG time to go without picks.  You lose a TON of flexibility by doing so.  I don't think they're likely to move back from 13 unless the board is rough, so moving down from 31 is reasonable.

And I'm good with that. But the idea that they need a bunch of picks is just weird. LIS, you make that one trade and you're largely okay. Does anyone really sweat not having a 4th round pick on any given year? It just really seems like it's all about "NEED MOAR PICKS!!!!!!!!!", and I'm just thinking, come on, you really need one pick lol

Just now, Forge said:

And I'm good with that. But the idea that they need a bunch of picks is just weird. LIS, you make that one trade and you're largely okay. Does anyone really sweat not having a 4th round pick on any given year? It just really seems like it's all about "NEED MOAR PICKS!!!!!!!!!", and I'm just thinking, come on, you really need one pick lol

I don't think it's that they "need" more picks.  I think it's the reality that you're essentially going a LARGE chunk of the draft go by with you essentially sitting on the sidelines.  What happens if there's an unexpected run on a certain position?