Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

So a lot of reports today saying D. Brown could go at Pick 3, if true:

This is why I always say the Rankings and Mocks you see in January are super accurate. In February-April is Media/Fan overthink time. In January, Ferrell went at 4 most of the time, D. Brown went at 3 consistently in January, Jeudy and Lamb was a decent gap with Jeudy leading in January, Tua was a Top 3 Lock in January and still probably a Top 3 Pick, even though he’s being treated like he could go #6 or tumble, can go on and on.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So a lot of reports today saying D. Brown could go at Pick 3, if true:

This is why I always say the Rankings and Mocks you see in January are super accurate. In February-April is Media/Fan overthink time. In January, Ferrell went at 4 most of the time, D. Brown went at 3 consistently in January, Jeudy and Lamb was a decent gap with Jeudy leading in January, Tua was a Top 3 Lock in January and still probably a Top 3 Pick, even though he’s being treated like he could go #6 or tumble, can go on and on.

Eh, maybe at the top.

But CJ Henderson was being put in the late 1st/2nd and now he's a bonafide top 12 pick and sounds like he's been up there for teams since the get go. The media is just now finding out about it.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Eh, maybe at the top.

But CJ Henderson was being put in the late 1st/2nd and now he's a bonafide top 12 pick and sounds like he's been up there for teams since the get go. The media is just now finding out about it.

I don’t think CJ goes in the Top 15. And I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he goes in the 20’s. I usually have CJ go 17 to Dallas 95% of the time, but in my Final Mock, he goes 24 to NO. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think CJ goes in the Top 15. And I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he goes in the 20’s. I usually have CJ go 17 to Dallas 95% of the time, but in my Final Mock, he goes 24 to NO. 

I think you'll be surprised, but we'll see.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So basically, now reports are saying that Brown could go three, and because you think that could happen, its a defense toward the position of earlier mocks and rankings being accurate. However, because you don't think that CJ Henderson goes in the top 15, it invalidates the reports that he's going to go much earlier than at first believed which in turn would have cast a little shade on the idea that earlier mocks and rankings are more accurate? 

How does that work? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

So basically, now reports are saying that Brown could go three, and because you think that could happen, its a defense toward the position of earlier mocks and rankings being accurate. However, because you don't think that CJ Henderson goes in the top 15, it invalidates the reports that he's going to go much earlier than at first believed which in turn would have cast a little shade on the idea that earlier mocks and rankings are more accurate? 

How does that work? 

What do you mean? The media has been hyping CJ like crazy since Feb. In January he routinely went in the 20’s. If Brown goes at 3 and Henderson goes in the 20’s, you have proof earlier mocks/rankings are way more accurate. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What do you mean? The media has been hyping CJ like crazy since Feb. In January he routinely went in the 20’s. If Brown goes at 3 and Henderson goes in the 20’s, you have proof earlier mocks/rankings are way more accurate. 

Essentially, @.Buzz said that your claim that "earlier mocks and rankings are accurate" because of current reports that Brown could go #3 is countered by that of CJ Henderson, whom a lot of reports have indicating could go very early in this draft despite earlier mocks and rankings having him going much lower. Yet your response to that was only that you didn't think that Henderson was going to go the top 15. Basically it sounds like you are eschewing the reports on Henderson because they don't fit your stance but using the reports on Brown going at #3 to support your stance, even though they are the same thing. That's what it came off looking like at any rate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Essentially, @.Buzz said that your claim that "earlier mocks and rankings are accurate" because of current reports that Brown could go #3 is countered by that of CJ Henderson, whom a lot of reports have indicating could go very early in this draft despite earlier mocks and rankings having him going much lower. Yet your response to that was only that you didn't think that Henderson was going to go the top 15. Basically it sounds like you are eschewing the reports on Henderson because they don't fit your stance but using the reports on Brown going at #3 to support your stance, even though they are the same thing. That's what it came off looking like at any rate. 

I’m so confused. The reports on Brown confirm all the early Mocks/Rankings in January which had Brown go universally Top 3 back then. 

The report on Henderson is smoke because he never went Top 15 in Jan-Feb. His real value in January-Feb was in the Mid 20’s. Therefore that report isn’t “confirming” anything. It’s just a new thing. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m so confused. The reports on Brown confirm all the early Mocks/Rankings in January which had Brown go universally Top 3 back then. 

The report on Henderson is smoke because he never went Top 15 in Jan-Feb. His real value in January-Feb was in the Mid 20’s. Therefore that report isn’t “confirming” anything. It’s just a new thing. 

Just because the media didn't know/think CJ was a top 10-12 player among teams doesn't mean it hasn't been the case dating back to then/into last season.