Bill Belichick... What!?

Slappy Mc

• 1 month later...

Didn’t think this warranted its own thread, but since there was already a mention of Belichick/Redskins, here’s something I was thinking about:

With the news coming out that Brady is seriously considering playing elsewhere, I got to thinking that the the Pats could be in the market for a new young QB to usher in a new era. But then I got to thinking that they probably don’t have the picks or players to move up into the top 5 to get Tua, who I think they’d value tremendously. 

But THEN I got to thinking that they do have another asset that has tremendous value: their coach. I know it would never happen in a trillion years, but I think it’s a really interesting question: would you trade Rivera and #2 for Belichick and #23?

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Didn’t think this warranted its own thread, but since there was already a mention of Belichick/Redskins, here’s something I was thinking about:

With the news coming out that Brady is seriously considering playing elsewhere, I got to thinking that the the Pats could be in the market for a new young QB to usher in a new era. But then I got to thinking that they probably don’t have the picks or players to move up into the top 5 to get Tua, who I think they’d value tremendously. 

But THEN I got to thinking that they do have another asset that has tremendous value: their coach. I know it would never happen in a trillion years, but I think it’s a really interesting question: would you trade Rivera and #2 for Belichick and #23?

No, the draft pick is too high and Belichick is too old. If he was in his 50s or 40s and if it was for a mid to late 1st I’d do it but he is going to be 68 on April 16th. So, that’s a no.

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

No, I’d rather have the guy who wants to be here.

• Like 1

I'd take Belichick normally, because I would trust him to build a system here that would withstand his departure, but I don't believe for a second that Danny would keep that structure in place once Belichick retired.  

I would've loved to see him come back to the area though.  Annapolis is his hometown, and a role with either the Redskins or Ravens would be a homecoming.  Also a big fan of how he has given some Navy players a lease on their careers.  

• Like 1