New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Mahomes is a very good player but I feel like I’m the only one not buying all the hype, I don’t believe he’s better than Rodgers or Wilson let alone being far and away the best. Maybe I’m not a prisoner of the moment or maybe I’m just incorrect 😁😁

Anyone else feel like the media is just driving this guy down our throats? Every time I’ve watched him he’s made some brilliant plays but also some really amateur plays and errors too. I actually don’t hate the Chiefs so I don’t think I’m being too biased!

I think he top 3 and to be top 3 with less than 35 regular season starts is amazing. He gonna make stupid immature plays cause of experience and age and the way Reid let's him play. But for what he gives you you can live with 2  or 3 bad plays a game. That's the huge difference between him and Carr. I cant deal with fumbles in endzone and throws in the dirt. He dont give enough on a game to game basis to deal with that stuff. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say Teddy is the best choice, but I think he is a very solid choice. He doesn't have a ton of arm strength, but he's tough, can extend plays, make good reads, throw guys open and into tight windows. Rather have those traits than an athletic guy with a big arm that uses neither.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

So what.  There’s like three quarterbacks that could do that.

Yikes. This proves Carr bias here. Half the league can effectively throw deep. They are not as good as Mahomes but can make the deep throws. Carr cannot. He’s so uncomfortable doing it.  

Carr is able to make every throw but is not willing.  Part of his problem that I have noticed is he lacks anticipation and trust.  Yes the DB looks like he is going to break on the route but if Carr anticipates were the WR is going to be open and trust that he will come back to the ball then it is an easy completion for an NFL QB.  If he waits for the WR to come open then throw it after then the DB has a shot at the ball.  He is thinking it thru and waiting for the right time.  By the time he sees it the window is already starting to shut.  Carr's problem is between his ears.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

IKR??  The whole time I was watching those I was like, "Why can't Carr do some of that??" 

Those are some impressive throws but he is going to get his WRs killed if he keeps it up.  I saw a couple that if the ball is above the shoulder pads his receiver is going to need to get his ribs checked out in the blue tent.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Those are some impressive throws but he is going to get his WRs killed if he keeps it up.  I saw a couple that if the ball is above the shoulder pads his receiver is going to need to get his ribs checked out in the blue tent.

No different from Renfrow. It happens sometimes. 

14 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

No different from Renfrow. It happens sometimes. 

I agree.  The only difference was Hanskins' throws were not repetitive throws that allowed the defense to jump the route.  Haskins in most of those is improvising and making something positive happen for his team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree.  The only difference was Hanskins' throws were not repetitive throws that allowed the defense to jump the route.  Haskins in most of those is improvising and making something positive happen for his team.

He was working the pocket pump fakin the ball but he’s a rookie with something to prove