New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

15 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

No you don't get it, I don't hate Carr, but I've pointed out how his game is not the same since 2016 and it's only been this year since I've soured on Carr completely but I will support him if we keep him hoping he can get back to his old self but I just don't see it. I think somebody that plays un -afraid would make the offense better even if they make more mistakes.

Fair take.... maybe I was a little testy from previous jabs you’ve thrown at Carr repeatedly.

but i admit that’s a fair take 

12 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I mean that is not Carr's game though he isnt Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick. He's not out there "shaking guys" 

He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson...He threw more dimes in this 2016 highlight than all of last year and check out play #3, now he will just lay down no doubt about it.

It's also the reason why I feel Carr is the reason Cooper was unhappy because of his change in style of play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKOY79KlNJ8

Tannehill see's daylight he wants the TD, Carr would run toward the side line toward the defender then step out of bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsPWuR-c9Q

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson...He threw more dimes in this 2016 highlight than all of last year and check out play #3, now he will just lay down no doubt about it.

It's also the reason why I feel Carr is the reason Cooper was unhappy because of his change in style of play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKOY79KlNJ8

Tannehill see's daylight he wants the TD, Carr would run toward the side line toward the defender the step out of bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsPWuR-c9Q

Ehhh. I disagree with you. But I see what you are getting at.

I dont think Carr can't or won't still make those same plays. I feel like if AB played for the Raiders this conversation would not be happening.

This year I think Carr is comfortable with the offense. Comfortable with the OL protecting him. And Comfortable with his weapons.

I think the offense would benefit greatly from another outside WR. It doesn't even need to a "WR1" just a contributor would be sufficient with Jacobs leading the show and Waller, Tyrell, and Renefrow being the top options in the passing game. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Ehhh. I disagree with you. But I see what you are getting at.

I dont think Carr can't or won't still make those same plays. I feel like if AB played for the Raiders this conversation would not be happening.

This year I think Carr is comfortable with the offense. Comfortable with the OL protecting him. And Comfortable with his weapons.

I think the offense would benefit greatly from another outside WR. It doesn't even need to a "WR1" just a contributor would be sufficient with Jacobs leading the show and Waller, Tyrell, and Renefrow being the top options in the passing game. 

Ugh it breaks my heart to think what if with AB!  I often dream he didn’t go nuts off the field but on and had a 1400yd, 10 TD season Ended up 9-7 and Carr was praised not blamed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ugh it breaks my heart to think what if with AB!  I often dream he didn’t go nuts off the field but on and had a 1400yd, 10 TD season Ended up 9-7 and Carr was praised not blamed.

you and me both. drives me crazy... I honestly the thought of that offense with AB injected into it is scary. I hope Gruden finds a toy this off season that excites him the way AB did. 

• Like 1

I think we weren’t as aggressive in the pass game as we would’ve liked and went with a more conservative approach was to keep the defense off the field. Anytime we turned the ball over we got blown out. Our defense wasn’t getting stops much less turnovers. So, if Carr threw a pick or two it’s game over. There were no shootouts, especially with our lack of weapons. We’re designed to be a run first, dink and dunk methodical offense until we can open it up with better(healthier) weapons on the outside and once we field a better defense that can get stops consistently. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

you and me both. drives me crazy... I honestly the thought of that offense with AB injected into it is scary. I hope Gruden finds a toy this off season that excites him the way AB did. 

Or ab treats carr worse than Big Ben and....

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Makes you wonder if DC would've been closer to 5,000 yards passing and 30+ touchdowns.  Nobody would've been talking smack about DC.  It would've been blasphemous again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Makes you wonder if DC would've been closer to 5,000 yards passing and 30+ touchdowns.  Nobody would've been talking smack about DC.  It would've been blasphemous again.

Depends. Does he keep making the same blunders: Poor pocket presence, checkdowns, throwaways with just the hint of pressure and play in the cold. Also folding vs any good competition.

Edited by Gannon12

31 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Depends. Does he keep making the same blunders: Poor pocket presence, checkdowns, throwaways with just the hint of pressure and play in the cold. Also folding vs any good competition.

So you literally think his season would've been the exact same with AB on the field?  I'm not even interested in your response to be honest.  Last time I'll post on this thread for a while.  Tried to talk to the realists and out pops the pessimist.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry said:

So you literally think his season would've been the exact same with AB on the field?  I'm not even interested in your response to be honest.  Last time I'll post on this thread for a while.  Tried to talk to the realists and out pops the pessimist.  

You can’t bring up what if’s then get mad about alternative outcomes lol come on imo that’s not being realistic.

Being a realist is understanding ab didn’t last with Pitt (Big Ben) or NE (Brady) so to expect him to be a choir boy with us (carr) is imo being unrealistic. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Was only going off of Carr’s last 3 years. Sorry man got to observe him not use emotion. If AB didn’t do any of the bad stuff he did. Yes, Derek would have a better season as our offense would have been schemed around him (Brown) and Jacobs the 2 best players on offense.