New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

6 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Humble.... I have nothing against you personally. But I'm having a hard time making sense of your post. Please elaborate on the point you were trying to make. 

Talk to any non raider fan, people careers fail when they put on silver and black. DC has been through a train wreck since he has been here, and still has been a successful starting QB. Atleast Gruden system will be here for the long term, so DC won”t have to keep learning the playbook. Good Qbs usually have: same system, playmakers around them, good offensive line, defense helps with time of possession. DC barely had a good oline last year, and the MVP year. The other years he has lacked the parts needed for success. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Talk to any non raider fan, people careers fail when they put on silver and black. DC has been through a train wreck since he has been here, and still has been a successful starting QB. Atleast Gruden system will be here for the long term, so DC won”t have to keep learning the playbook. Good Qbs usually have: same system, playmakers around them, good offensive line, defense helps with time of possession. DC barely had a good oline last year, and the MVP year. The other years he has lacked the parts needed for success. 

Thank you. That's much better. 

One more question. What does that have to do with Carr not playing well in cold weather?? (that's what you were quoting)

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

Thank you. That's much better. 

One more question. What does that have to do with Carr not playing well in cold weather?? (that's what you were quoting)

It’s not him, it’s the team not playing well in cold weather. Due to lack of talent/gameplan 

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s not him, it’s the team not playing well in cold weather. Due to lack of talent/gameplan 

I don't think gameplan has much to do with it. So agree to disagree there.

The talent take is fair. Some of the other players may not play well in cold weather either. But there has been turnover the last few years. Are you telling me that all those players suck in cold weather?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I guess it doesn’t matter that Chicago will basically use up its entire cap space to sign Carr.

They will have  only have $3 million left if they trade for Carr.

They will likely trade Floyd and some others

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

We will be taking a player back  in return to cover the salary. I've stated this before as the bears won't use up all their cap room for a player for picks swap while we are swimming with cap room

Well assuming you are correct, that player will have to have a 10 mil cap hit to offset for them to break even. Other moves can be made of course, but it limits what they can do with any other free agents.