New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I would assume he stays at this point unless we trade him to the Colts or Bears in the next 24 hours and rock a Marcus Mariota/Jordan Love combo. 

Hm bucs

basically him vs rivers vs Jameis 

carrs contract is the difference cause he’s coming cheap

• Like 1

Looking 80% likely Carr starts Week 1 unless we see a draft day trade with the Bears which is still possible. 

However, anyone who thinks Carr won’t be on a short leash is fooling themselves. Three bad games in a row or six average games in a row, and I’d expect him to be benched for Mariota. Am I confident in either guy? Nope. Not at all. 

I’m just hoping this will force Carr to he more aggressive. If his WR has a step, he tries to fire it in there and not check it down. Because, this is what Carr does. The WR core does get steps on their guys consistently. And Mariota, while no where close to the passer Carr is, will fire it into a tight window. It’s one of the better things Marcus does. 

Should be an interesting season. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Looking 80% likely Carr starts Week 1 unless we see a draft day trade with the Bears which is still possible. 

However, anyone who thinks Carr won’t be on a short leash is fooling themselves. Three bad games in a row or six average games in a row, and I’d expect him to be benched for Mariota. Am I confident in either guy? Nope. Not at all. 

I’m just hoping this will force Carr to he more aggressive. If his WR has a step, he tries to fire it in there and not check it down. Because, this is what Carr does. The WR core does get steps on their guys consistently. And Mariota, while no where close to the passer Carr is, will fire it into a tight window. It’s one of the better things Marcus does. 

Should be an interesting season. 

I think it is 50/50.

The reason they bring in Mariota is to push for the starting job.

Carr should be the week 1 starter unless MM really shows in camp and any pre season action. Only time you need to push a CARR is if it is broke down.. sorry had to drop that. But serious i belive carr can be a top 10-14 QB and. I hope having MM right behind him can motivate him, or a RND 1 WR can help him, or what ever it takes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Carr haters still holding out hope Lmfaooo get over it 

Hope this wasn’t directed at me. Was no ill will in my comments above and everything I stated was pretty true. He will be on a very short leash throughout the season and will need to be more aggressive. It doesn’t mean I’m confident in Mariota by any means, I’m not. But I have zero doubts Gruden will start him the next time he’s frustrated with another subpar Carr streak. 

This is good for Carr. We will finally see him being aggressive and if there’s any 2016 Carr left in the tank or if that aggressive 4th QTR guy is gone forever. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hope this wasn’t directed at me. Was no ill will in my comments above and everything I stated was pretty true. He will be on a very short leash throughout the season and will need to be more aggressive. It doesn’t mean I’m confident in Mariota by any means, I’m not. But I have zero doubts Gruden will start him the next time he’s frustrated with another subpar Carr streak. 

This is good for Carr. We will finally see him being aggressive and if there’s any 2016 Carr left in the tank or if that aggressive 4th QTR guy is gone forever. 

Was directed at no one in particular, but if the shoe fits...

This will be one of the most talented rosters top to bottom Carr has been on since he’s been in the league. I don’t think he’s ever held a team back in terms of success, so if that happens I’ll look at other options. I’m just glad the FO has the patience to see this through and continue to build the roster into a competent one. This will allow us to see who Carr is without any excuses. I fully expect to compete for the playoffs next year. Can’t wait!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

This will be one of the most talented rosters top to bottom Carr has been on since he’s been in the league. I don’t think he’s ever held a team back in terms of success, so if that happens I’ll look at other options. I’m just glad the FO has the patience to see this through and continue to build the roster into a competent one. This will allow us to see who Carr is without any excuses. I fully expect to compete for the playoffs next year. Can’t wait!!!

Yes, this will be the year we find out if Carr is the guy. He’ll have a top tier OL, top tier TE, top tier RB, and probably Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. 

He’ll also have Mariota hovering over his back, forcing him to be more aggressive. 

This is the year we find out for good. We would of found out in 2019 but the AB fiasco...

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

Im happy either way.  I dont hate Carr, but dont love him either.  I dont think its worth getting rid of Carr just to get rid of him though.  If Gruden and Mayock thought it was worth going after Cam, Brady, or any of the other decent QBs available I would be fine with the change.  Im guessing they dont want to start over with a new QB if they dont think its an obvious upgrade, and thats kind of where I am at.  If we can improve the roster enough around him then I still feel like this team can win some games.

• Like 1