The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 10/2/2020 at 2:34 AM, beekay414 said:

Waste of time. Jones would end him within a round.

Dana White doesn’t care about it being a competitive matchup, he just wants to sell PPVs. That fight is by far the biggest fight they can do right now in terms of potential PPV sales other than a Conor fight. 

It works out well for the UFC with Jones vacating the title. They can do it at 205 without holding up the division. If Jones loses he can still go up to heavy weight. If Izzy loses he will just go back to 185 and still be the champion. Win-win for the UFC.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Darren Till doing an impromptu Zoom meeting with fans right now. Dude's a legend.

lol all the pics (I'm not joining that ish show lol), Till has a ish eating grin the whole time. He's loving it. I really hope he wins a title someday. He deserves to be a superstar. He has that charisma that can't be taught.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol all the pics (I'm not joining that ish show lol), Till has a ish eating grin the whole time. He's loving it. I really hope he wins a title someday. He deserves to be a superstar. He has that charisma that can't be taught.

Till's a funny and like-able guy but he has put on 5 straight okay to terrible performances. He's one of, if not the, most overrated fighters on the roster. He's supposed to be a top notch striker but he has only finished 2 guys in 10 UFC bouts and it was Wendell Oliveira and Donald Cerrone. 

57 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Till's last 6 fights were Whittaker, Gastelum, Masvidal, Woodley, Wonderboy, Cowboy. The last 5 have fought for the belt or were champions fairly recently. 

He got out classed by Whittaker, had a meh split decision over Gastelum, got finished by Masvidal, got finished by Woodley, had a meh decision over Wonderboy, and finished an undersized Cowboy. You could make a case that he lost the Gastelum fight and I think he definitely lost the Wonderboy fight too. 

Again, for a guy that's been hyped as a dynamic striker only having 2 finishes in 10 bouts is pretty meh.

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm actually more surprised at judges giving Culibao two rounds? I thought it was pretty clearly 29-28 Jourdain. 

round 2 was super close, wouldnt argue either way depending who you scored it for. what justification is there giving jourdain the 1st though? got dropped and even if you completley ignore that he didnt clearly win the rest of the round.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He got out classed by Whittaker, had a meh split decision over Gastelum, got finished by Masvidal, got finished by Woodley, had a meh decision over Wonderboy, and finished an undersized Cowboy. You could make a case that he lost the Gastelum fight and I think he definitely lost the Wonderboy fight too. 

Again, for a guy that's been hyped as a dynamic striker only having 2 finishes in 10 bouts is pretty meh.

i dont know if youre misrembering fights or just dont like the guy but he dis not get outclassed by whitaker. he def beat gastellum although the wonderboy fight was extremly  close.