The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didnt watch the fight, what happened here?

Allen clearly lost the fight and would have a hard time even getting 1 round his way. Chris Lee is a horrible judge and gave him 2 rounds so it ended up being a split dec, Lee is the same guy who gave Felder the nod in his RDA fight and has been on the wrong side of some horrible split dec. He was called out by the broadcast team pretty hard on air and within a minute or 2 the UFC posted his score card calling him out.

UFC 256 Pick'em
Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno
Tony Ferguson vs Charles Oliveira
Renato Moicano vs Rafael Fiziev
Kevin Holland vs Jacare Souza
Junior dos Santos vs Ciryl Gane
Cub Swanson vs Daniel Pineda
Mackenzie Dern vs Virna Jandiroba
Gavin Tucker vs Billy Quarantillo

@big poppa pump @Buckrock101 @BullsandBroncos @JonStark @FinneasGage @11sanchez11 @JaguarCrazy2832 @NYRaider

Notes: You gain AND lose the points you wager, so the tougher to call fights should be lower in value typically. We're doing 8 fights for this card as a way to mitigate potential lost fights due to Covid-19 or injury/weight issues. So wager 1 to 8 points on fights. If a fight falls off, I'll lower the wagers by a point down to a 1 to 7 scale and so on. Here are the current standings;

BK's UFC Pick'em Standings
big poppa pump - 15
Buckrock101 - 15
beekay414 - 13
BullsandBroncos - 13
JonStark - 13
FinneasGage - 9
11sanchez11 - 3
JC2832 - 1
NYRaider - 1

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Like this is you're more excited for the co main than the main event saturday 

Hate it when 2 of my favorites go head to head. I dont see how a win like this helps Tony get to a title shot soon. Given his age and the real possibility that Khabib comes back. He’d have to win another fight and then get his shot but even then he might be the odd man out

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hate it when 2 of my favorites go head to head. I dont see how a win like this helps Tony get to a title shot soon. Given his age and the real possibility that Khabib comes back. He’d have to win another fight and then get his shot but even then he might be the odd man out

if tony puts on a hurting like he did to everyone not named Justin I think he is right back in line for a shot. I could see him getting the winner of Conor and Dustin with a strong performance.

6 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

if tony puts on a hurting like he did to everyone not named Justin I think he is right back in line for a shot. I could see him getting the winner of Conor and Dustin with a strong performance.

Its bodes will for Tony that he hasn't fought Conor/Dustin yet BUT if Khabib is back the winner of Conor/Dustin fights Khabib right? 

It doesnt bode well for Tony that guys with power like Poirier/Conor will probably starch Tony though. He is too okay with being hit

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its bodes will for Tony that he hasn't fought Conor/Dustin yet BUT if Khabib is back the winner of Conor/Dustin fights Khabib right? 

It doesnt bode well for Tony that guys with power like Poirier/Conor will probably starch Tony though. He is too okay with being hit

It's almost like he forgets that he's a great wrestler and jiu jitsu practitioner. Boxing coaches making fighters fall in love with their hands. Like Cain Velasquez and Ronda Rousey.

I also don't understand why he's saying stuff about Oliveira missing weight. He's never missed weight at Light Weight

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Cub Swanson vs Daniel Pineda - 8

Mackenzie Dern vs Virna Jandiroba - 7

Junior dos Santos vs Ciryl Gane - 6

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno - 5

Tony Ferguson vs Charles Oliveira - 4

Renato Moicano vs Rafael Fiziev - 3

Kevin Holland vs Jacare Souza - 2

Gavin Tucker vs Billy Quarantillo - 1

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno - 5
Tony Ferguson vs Charles Oliveira - 6
Renato Moicano vs Rafael Fiziev - 7
Kevin Holland vs Jacare Souza - 4
Junior dos Santos vs Ciryl Gane - 2
Cub Swanson vs Daniel Pineda - 8
Mackenzie Dern vs Virna Jandiroba - 3
Gavin Tucker vs Billy Quarantillo - 1

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

silly for dana to let him walk.... destroys every ufc 205er rn

They are cutting people and the last thing they want to do is spend big time money on someone that hasn't fought in 3 years. I get that Rumble is a fan favorite but he probably wanted a hefty paycheck and they can't justify it right now.

Now, if they bring back Nick Diaz at a hefty pay rate, then yes, I agree.

Edited by beekay414