The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Hold sh...mokes. Max looked as good as any fighter I've ever seen out there tonight. Un freaking believable.

I went in thinking, for sure, if Kattar wins, he gets the next shot. If Max wins, it's Zabit next.

Now, how can you deny Max the next shot after Volk vs Ortega? Even if Volk wins. That was one of the best performances of all time.

Kattar is tough af though. That fight reminded me so much of Max vs Ortega. Kattar (like Ortega) was landing, he was there to fight, but he was just against a being on a higher plane of consciousness.

Dude, Max has a granite chin. The guy has never been knocked out, went the distance with McGregor when Conor was smoking everyone (yes, I know Conor tore his ACL that fight), and is an absolute cardio machine. I actually think, if he did go up to 155, I'd like to see him fight Nate Diaz. Two cardio kings going at it for 25 minutes would be FOTY or even FOTD type fireworks.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, Max has a granite chin. The guy has never been knocked out, went the distance with McGregor when Conor was smoking everyone (yes, I know Conor tore his ACL that fight), and is an absolute cardio machine. I actually think, if he did go up to 155, I'd like to see him fight Nate Diaz. Two cardio kings going at it for 25 minutes would be FOTY or even FOTD type fireworks.

Yeah I was thinking the same about Max's durability. Think I remember them saying on the broadcast that he's never even been knocked down. That's nuts, because he does get hit. Aldo, Ortega, Kattar, they all tagged Max at times. But he just does not go down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yeah I was thinking the same about Max's durability. Think I remember them saying on the broadcast that he's never even been knocked down. That's nuts, because he does get hit. Aldo, Ortega, Kattar, they all tagged Max at times. But he just does not go down.

If he had true KO power, he would be borderline untouchable.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

you left off the biggest hitter he has faced in Dustin. He took some bombs in that fight and didnt go down. I doubt he could win a title at 155 but he could compete for sure. I agree with what was already said though that he is getting that belt back at 145. The guy was already one of the stars for them but to do that on national television I hope gives him the extra push into the next level. Hard not to like that guy and how he is just a dog in the cage.

Also his talking to DC and slipping punches while not looking at Kattar was just sick. I cant wait for his 2nd round of running the division.

3 hours ago, Big Snack said:

you left off the biggest hitter he has faced in Dustin. He took some bombs in that fight and didnt go down. I doubt he could win a title at 155 but he could compete for sure. I agree with what was already said though that he is getting that belt back at 145. The guy was already one of the stars for them but to do that on national television I hope gives him the extra push into the next level. Hard not to like that guy and how he is just a dog in the cage.

Also his talking to DC and slipping punches while not looking at Kattar was just sick. I cant wait for his 2nd round of running the division.

No doubt. He looked as vulnerable as he ever has in the Poirier fight, and yet he still didn't get knocked down. That was also a guy who has conditioned himself for the 155 division, against Max who is still a 145er.

I agree that Holloway can compete at 155, especially if he takes the time to prepare his body for the division. Would love to see Max vs Conor 2. Feel like that's one of, if not the biggest fight that can be made in the whole promotion.

UFC 257 Pick'em
Dustin Poirier vs Conor McGregor
Dan Hooker vs Michael Chandler
Jessica Eye vs Joanne Calderwood
Matt Frevola vs Ottman Azaitar
Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Ribas
Nasrat Haqparast vs Arman Tsarukyan
Brad Tavares vs Antonio Carlos Junior
Julianna Pena vs Sara McMann
Khalil Roundtree vs Marcin Prachnio

@Buckrock101 @JonStark @big poppa pump @JaguarCrazy2832 @BullsandBroncos @FinneasGage @11sanchez11 @NYRaider @FreshPrince

Standings
Buckrock101 - 34
JonStark - 28
beekay414 - 26
big poppa pump - 25
JC2832 - 18
BullsandBroncos - 16
FinneasGage - 12
11sanchez11 - 10
NYRaider - 5
FreshPrince - -1

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

UFC 257 Pick'em
Dustin Poirier vs Conor McGregor
Dan Hooker vs Michael Chandler
Jessica Eye vs Joanne Calderwood
Matt Frevola vs Ottman Azaitar
Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Ribas
Nasrat Haqparast vs Arman Tsarukyan
Brad Tavares vs Antonio Carlos Junior
Julianna Pena vs Sara McMann
Khalil Roundtree vs Marcin Prachnio

@Buckrock101 @JonStark @big poppa pump @JaguarCrazy2832 @BullsandBroncos @FinneasGage @11sanchez11 @NYRaider @FreshPrince

Standings
Buckrock101 - 34
JonStark - 28
beekay414 - 26
big poppa pump - 25
JC2832 - 18
BullsandBroncos - 16
FinneasGage - 12
11sanchez11 - 10
NYRaider - 5
FreshPrince - -1

UFC 257 Pick'em