The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know about that. Even the best only hit 57-58% in team sports. In MMA I’ve seen multiple guys make a living off of it and hitting a career 66-67% hit rate. For MMA, easier to predict one vs one, than a team game where you have to factor a ton of guys. 

Imo it’s the worst sport to bet on. Ridiculous high odds in majority of the fights. Cant use any historical data from previous fights. Like any form of fighting anything can happen with a single punch. Judging is awful when it does go the distance. With a team sport like basketball of football I can use my model that I spent years of putting data into to give me the insight on an edge. 

I’m sure there are people out there who have success with it but it ain’t worth it for me. I view the UFC as the ultimate guessing game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

before ny picked i think everybody pick all the same fighters to win, except i picked tavares and everyone else picked carlos

Scores tonight.

@beekay414 -2
@JonStark -4
@JaguarCrazy2832 -10
@11sanchez11 -14
@big poppa pump -16
@Buckrock101 -16
@FinneasGage -16
@NYRaider -24
@BullsandBroncos -26

BK's Pick'em Standings
beekay414 - 24
JonStark - 24
Buckrock101 - 18
big poppa pump - 9
JC2832 - 8
11sanchez11 - -4
FinneasGage - -4
BullsandBroncos - -10
NYRaider - -19

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Imo it’s the worst sport to bet on. Ridiculous high odds in majority of the fights. Cant use any historical data from previous fights. Like any form of fighting anything can happen with a single punch. Judging is awful when it does go the distance. With a team sport like basketball of football I can use my model that I spent years of putting data into to give me the insight on an edge. 

I’m sure there are people out there who have success with it but it ain’t worth it for me. I view the UFC as the ultimate guessing game. 

To each their own. I’ve had way more success with MMA than any sport for sure. Just gotta pick your shots. Tonight for example I slapped a couple bills on Tavares and stayed away from every other fight. 

If McGregor was -150 I would of put money on him but at -280 hell no. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Disagree. He either needs to fight three times a year or retire. He keeps fighting once a year which puts him at a significant disadvantage. 

If he can’t commit to fighting, then he should indeed retire. 

Being rich changes certain people, and I’m not sure his heart is into fighting anymore. He seems to love being a businessman these days. 

Fighting three times a year or fighting one time a year doesn't change what McGregor is. He's 100% a boxer, he has no answer for a takedown or a leg kick - he's a mouthpiece and a damn good one but he's not a top level MMA fighter. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's not about the points, Conor losing like that was the worst moment of my entire life. 

lol

Diamond is arguably the best boxer on the roster. If anyone was capable of doing it, it was him. That's why I picked him in my pick'em. You don't just come back from a year off and out box Dustin Poirier. Once those calf kicks started landing consistently, I knew Conor was ****ed.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's not about the points, Conor losing like that was the worst moment of my entire life. 

I don't know you and I'm new to this thread but this is sad. There's no way that someone you've never met and/or have no relationship with losing a fight is the worst moment of your life.