The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm going for the Zombie. Itll be another shook up the world win. 

I like Volk, feel like he gets the Might Mouse treatment of people severely underrating him due to his stature/size.

Guy is an all-time great in the sport already. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean one judge literally scored the round in favor of Yan so your "it was obvious" take is just wrong. Yan literally controlled the ring for 90% of the first round and Aljo just ran in a circle. No one really landed anything, no one got taken down... If nothing happens I am giving the round to the guy who controlled the octagon better which Yan clearly did.

I mean, I said "what I thought at the time" so I don't know how you can tell me what my thought at the time was wrong. Could it have been closer than I thought? Sure, but at that time I only had money on Yan and was pulling for him to win it. Wait for the stats to come out and then get back to me because I guarantee Aljo landed more. 

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Yea, as cringey/****** as he is, dude has a great chin and the best gas tank in the biz.

Im definitely interested in seeing how their wrestling matches up. I feel like Russian/eastern block wrestling lends itself to mma much more so than collegiate here in the states because these guys are usually learning sambo right along with it. 

The guy brings it. I think hes a punk but the man will show up. Usman striking is much better then Chimaev and we know Colby can go 5 strong.. Can Chimaev ?

• Like 1

Pretty awful fight.

Yan lost because he gassed early for whatever reason and stupidly gave up his back a couple times. Wasn't an impressive win for Aljo by any stretch. A guy winning a split off back control in two rounds and a highly debated 1st is never going to look good, and it shouldn't. Yan should have never let it be that close though, so I'm not going to feel bad for him. Classic case of guy with nothing to lose coming in and taking more rounds than he should have off the more talented fighter/champion. 

Deserved in this one or not, that's now 3 different division UFC Championships for camp Serra-Longo. Taking the Welterweight belt off GSP, Middleweight belt off Anderson Silva, and Bantamweight belt off Petr Yan is a strong selling point to those looking to join your team.

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Colby gets underrated because he's such a dirtball, but he can't hang with Khamzat on the feet and I think will struggle with his size on the ground. 

I think Colby’s gas tank is the great equalizer (per usual).

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I like Volk, feel like he gets the Might Mouse treatment of people severely underrating him due to his stature/size.

Guy is an all-time great in the sport already. 

I have no problem with Volk. He won me when he survived that Ortega choke. But a Zombie upset will f*** us all up

• Like 2