What Should We Do At RB?

Skinsin2013

I’m not sure why we’d pay a veteran RB that isn’t Peterson. 

Don’t get me wrong, I really hope Peterson only gets about 100 touches this upcoming season — because Guice takes control as the unquestioned lead back — but who are we thinking is going to be better than Peterson for a one-year, $3M commitment?

I’d take a late (5th or 6th round) flyer on somebody, which honestly I’d do pretty much every season, and leave it at that. If I had to give an answer, I’d probably say Matt Breida, if SF lets him walk because he’s fallen behind Coleman and Mostert in the pecking order. He’s still pretty young and he always pops with some explosiveness and big play ability.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

AP is not a good fit for Turner's offense IMO.  I'd sign Kareem Hunt (he's a RFA) if the Browns put a low round tender on him.

EDIT:  I have no faith Guice and Love can stay healthy for a full 16 games.

I mean...he was 1st team All-Pro for Scott’s dad a few seasons ago. We had a lot of success with Stephen Davis when Norv was here, and I think he was a pretty AP-ish back. 

If you think Scott’s offense will be fundamentally different from his dad’s, then all bets are off. And I’d be curious to know how you think it will differ — seems like that would be tough to speculate on though, just based on the fact that basically all of Scott’s NFL experience has come under his dad. 

Just now, e16bball said:

I mean...he was 1st team All-Pro for Scott’s dad a few seasons ago. We had a lot of success with Stephen Davis when Norv was here, and I think he was a pretty AP-ish back. 

If you think Scott’s offense will be fundamentally different from his dad’s, then all bets are off. And I’d be curious to know how you think it will differ — seems like that would be tough to speculate on though, just based on the fact that basically all of Scott’s NFL experience has come under his dad. 

Granted, he had McCaffery, so that is likely the main reason, but Scott's offense in the 4 games he called plays last year was heavily reliant on a back who had the ability to go in motion and line up at receiver.  I'm sure he could make it work with AP, but I think his offense would be limited compared to what he would ideally want to do if we don't get a true do-it-all RB like Hunt (or Guice/Love if they somehow stay healthy all season).