2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Which can only mean your hopes are already up. It’s okay mine are too

I certainly have hope but the Suh watch a couple years ago and the Manning watch has made me learn not to get too high on these type of stuff.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

I firmly believe Clowney will be a Titan officially very soon. Makes too much sense I hope I am not wrong.

I know social media follows can mean nothing but besides all of the above, Lewan, Daquan Jones, Jeffery Simmons, Ben Jones, Butler and Roberson are all following Clowney on Instagram.

We shall see.

I think adding Lamar Miller on the cheap would be a good get. A good receiving and running threat that wouldn’t tip our hand on 3rd downs who’s also solid at picking up the blitz. 27 is getting up there for RB’s (28 for the 2020 season) but he’ll have a lighter work load with Henry on the team. He’s played in 14+ games every season since his rookie year with no major injuries to speak of.

Edit: lol nvm I just found out he tore his acl last year

Edited by dtait93

8 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I still don't see it/get it... But time-line matches... He posted this 2 days ago which is when we cleared cap space. 

If Clowney was a target all along, Beasley at 12M doesn't make sense... Even if they plan to move Clowney around. 

Signing Beasley imo has nothing to do with Clowney. You get both if you can. Look at the two Super Bowl teams. Both could rush the passer. Can never have enough pass rushing and especially a player like Clowney who is an all around elite LB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I still don't see it/get it... But time-line matches... He posted this 2 days ago which is when we cleared cap space. 

If Clowney was a target all along, Beasley at 12M doesn't make sense... Even if they plan to move Clowney around. 

“Front multiplicity”... maybe Vrabe’s intention was to put his hand on the ground a majority of the time I guess? Only thing that makes sense. Can’t deny he would certainly be huge to change up looks and still throw some stand up edge rushes in there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VY said:

“Front multiplicity”... maybe Vrabe’s intention was to put his hand on the ground a majority of the time I guess? Only thing that makes sense. Can’t deny he would certainly be huge to change up looks and still throw some stand up edge rushes in there.

Yeah I get it... But Clowney's quotes, moving to Seattle makes it seem he prefers working out in space. I understand he'll get his chance... And I get having 3 legit pass rushers improves us (quite a damn bit) and will help rotate them and keep them fresh... But I probably would have gone a little cheaper in place of Beasley. Given that their cost is about the same this year... Are Clowney and Beasley better for this defense than Clowney and Casey would have been? That's what it all comes down to. 

Whatever, as long as it makes the team better. Clowney definitely does... But it makes me wonder about the Casey/Beasley swap. 

40 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah I get it... But Clowney's quotes, moving to Seattle makes it seem he prefers working out in space. I understand he'll get his chance... And I get having 3 legit pass rushers improves us (quite a damn bit) and will help rotate them and keep them fresh... But I probably would have gone a little cheaper in place of Beasley. Given that their cost is about the same this year... Are Clowney and Beasley better for this defense than Clowney and Casey would have been? That's what it all comes down to. 

Whatever, as long as it makes the team better. Clowney definitely does... But it makes me wonder about the Casey/Beasley swap. 

I think it comes down to if Beasley fits better in our scheme. If it’s the same Beasley we saw in Atlanta then hell to the no

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think it comes down to if Beasley fits better in our scheme. If it’s the same Beasley we saw in Atlanta then hell to the no

Well, so long as we don't move an OLB inside, we should be getting better returns.

No idea if this guy is legit but the Colts coming in to the discussion and possibly landing Clowney would not only strengthen them, but it would doubly hurt us if we were the front runner to land him and we traded Casey away to get him. That would suck for us but that would be a G move by them lol

Edited by dtait93

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No idea if this guy is legit but the Colts coming in to the discussion and possibly landing Clowney would not only strengthen them, but it would doubly hurt us if we were the front runner to land him and we traded Casey away to get him. That would suck for us but that would be a G move by them lol

If they're willing to pay more than our rumored deal, they can have him.  They already had to cut Dessir, so let them owe him $20+ million for three years.  I have little confidence in Rivers at this stage of his career, so I'm perfectly happy letting the Colts go down the tried and true road of trying to free agent your way to a Super Bowl, because it results in losses 99% of the time.

And **** the Colts.

• Like 2