2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Very odd to see a team come out and talk so much and even put an article out about the player. We’re obviously living in weird times but still.... When is a team article ever made on a free agent?

Ya usually teams never talk about a guy that’s not on their teams never mind put an article on its website 

18 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Honestly sounds like they’re trying to stroke his ego through the media. Atleast Vrabel is anyways. Calling him a hard worker and what not when that’s been a big question mark

if anybody would know, it would be his former defensive coordinator.. him playing through a core muscle injury last year(that required surgery to fix) should tell you all you need to know about his work ethic

I think.. for those of us who are upset with the way the offseason has gone... we have to remember we were a final 4 team last year.  And that was not by accident... we didn't get fluke wins in the wildcard or divisional rounds.  We were a legit final 4 team to end the season.

When you look at the other 3 top 4 teams, you see a simil ar approach to the offseason.  You try to keep who you think is most important and replace those you can't keep.  But you're not bringing in high priced external FAs.  In keeping RT and DH and replacing Wake with Beasley, I'm not sure any of the other 3 teams made moves of that level (Chris Jones is the only one that comes to mind).  These teams should look to keep as much intact as possible, minimizing mistakes (especially high priced ones), and using the draft to strategically keep improving. 

Henry came in under budget (10M tag, expected to be at 12.5)... Kelley came in under budget (for this year at least).  Correa came back on a friendly deal.  Ryan may come back under budget (if they continue pursuing him... or a replacement).  We got Crawford... who I remember thinking was very good and underrated when I watched him with the Cowboys (although I didn't follow him much with ATL).  

Other than Casey, everything is pretty much on par with what we generally thought going in.  

If we can get a slot prior to the draft, we go into it without any glaring weakness going into 2020.  We have a starter in place at all positions.  We can focus on BPA at a number of positions, not only for this year, but with an eye for next season (ie, Simmons essentially replaced Casey a year early)..

Starting offense - Tannehill, Henry, Brown, Davis, Humphries, Smith, Lewan, Safford, Jones, Davis, Kelley

Base - Landry, Simmons, Jones, Crawford, Beasley, Evans, Brown, Butler, Jackson, Byard, Vaccaro

Base N - Landry, Simmons, Jones, Beasley, Evans, Brown, Butler, Jackson, slot corner, Vaccaro

I only see 1/maybe 2 potential questions on offense, but I'm not really worried about Kelley starting on the right side again.  We can upgrade him, but I'm ok if we don't address it early.  Davis is the other, but I'm hoping we see continued growth from him in year 2.

On D, we're looking at either the 3rd DL in a base package or the slot CB in a nickel base.  Crawford is no Casey, we can see now the FO was looking at moving Casey this offseason as early as last year... and why they were willing to draft Simmons, even though some expected him to not play at all in 2019.  That's Casey's repacement.  So Crawford essentially replaces the 3rd DL... who was A Johnson last year? (prior to Simmons being in the plans).  We'll be ok, and maybe we one to add another mid range rotational player there (FA or mid/late draft).  

• Like 1

TENNESSEE: Three positions are mentioned as needs when talking to league sources about the Titans' draft plans: cornerback, offensive tackle and a playmaker at receiver. Whichever is available at No. 29 overall will be the pick

Draft rumors from Bleacher Report. Wouldn’t really expect us to look at WR that early but with Coreys 5th year option most likely not getting picked up it makes sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

TENNESSEE: Three positions are mentioned as needs when talking to league sources about the Titans' draft plans: cornerback, offensive tackle and a playmaker at receiver. Whichever is available at No. 29 overall will be the pick

Draft rumors from Bleacher Report. Wouldn’t really expect us to look at WR that early but with Coreys 5th year option most likely not getting picked up it makes sense

I mean, I generally don't trust BR rumors.

I could see a receiver at 29 if we sign a couple more players in FA and if he's the BPA.  It's really hard for me to imagine that scenario though, unless we were to re-sign Ryan.  I don't want Ruggs or Mims that early myself, but I don't have them as high as others do, but the Titans very well might.

I also don't buy an OT that early with the signing of Kelly and Sambrailo.  It just wouldn't make sense to either cut Sambrailo or keep four tackles, and I just have a hard time seeing them take an OT when a good Edge, DT, WR, or CB is almost guaranteed to be available.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I generally don't trust BR rumors.

I could see a receiver at 29 if we sign a couple more players in FA and if he's the BPA.  It's really hard for me to imagine that scenario though, unless we were to re-sign Ryan.  I don't want Ruggs or Mims that early myself, but I don't have them as high as others do, but the Titans very well might.

I also don't buy an OT that early with the signing of Kelly and Sambrailo.  It just wouldn't make sense to either cut Sambrailo or keep four tackles, and I just have a hard time seeing them take an OT when a good Edge, DT, WR, or CB is almost guaranteed to be available.

yeah exactly. all these people that continue to mock a tackle to us early obviously dont keep up with our transactions.. with that being said, im totally ok with a wr @29. take the best player not the best need. that kid out of i think baylor who's 6'3 210 and ran a 4.39.. seems legit.. i'd feel the same way about a rb. if swift is there at 29 take him. Id take the number 1 rb on the board over say the 4th best corner. 

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

As of now I say CB DL are the biggest needs with the 29th pick 

As the draft goes on back up RB is a need 

I will say a surprise pick at 29 (I don’t have a name but if they feel player x was the best player available at his position) could be the Center position

Ben Jones is getting older so maybe they would feel comfortable letting someone sit a year 

But DL and CB are the biggest needs at 29

Just now, 615finest said:

If Swift is there at 29 I’d definitely take him. If Ruggs was to fall to 29 I’d be all for it but I think that’s the only WR I’d take in the first. Maybe even Reagor.. Henderson, Fulton, and Gladney are the CBs I’d love at 29

I’m not taking a RB in da 1st & we’re bout to pay Henry big bucks. We have a big whole on the DL & in the secondary tell me how drafting Swift in da 1st helps us as a team, because Henry is a workhorse he’s not effective splitting carries  🤷🏽‍♂️

17 minutes ago, 615finest said:

If Swift is there at 29 I’d definitely take him. If Ruggs was to fall to 29 I’d be all for it but I think that’s the only WR I’d take in the first. Maybe even Reagor.. Henderson, Fulton, and Gladney are the CBs I’d love at 29

Henderson I don't think makes it to us.  Gladney I would be very happy with at 29 though.  Too rich for Fulton IMO.

14 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m not taking a RB in da 1st & we’re bout to pay Henry big bucks. We have a big whole on the DL & in the secondary tell me how drafting Swift in da 1st helps us as a team, because Henry is a workhorse he’s not effective splitting carries  🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah, I wouldn't want to grab a RB in the first, unless it's Taylor or Swift and the team actually plans on moving on from Henry after this season.  If you're keeping Henry it's a bit of a wasted pick.

• Like 1