2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

3 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

Howard would be a twist I didn't see coming.

I mean, if a good player is on the trade block, they'd be crazy not to do their due diligence and see what they're asking.  I'd probably rather have Howard than whatever WR/TE we could land in the fifth round.

• Like 1

“Matthew Wyatt from Durham, North Carolina
Question:
 The Titans need to resign Logan Ryan period. They don't need Clowney. Ryan had 113 comb. tackles 4.5 sacks and 4 int. He's worth the money. Not to mention he's a leader with the team getting younger

Jim: Hey Matt. Missed you at the family reunion last summer. (Just kidding). We'll see on Clowney. I think you're in the minority with this one as far as Clowney is concerned. There's no doubt he'd make the team better. As for Logan Ryan, sounds like the Jets are interested in him. Nothing has transpired with him yet, however, so it can't completely be ruled out. Hey, I like Logan myself. But if he sticks to his $10 million-per-year asking price, I just don't see it happening in Tennessee. And if the Titans pick a couple of corners in the draft, well, that would probably end the conversation.”

When the team writer on the team site is essentially selling Clowney, I just really struggle to believe there isn’t something there. I’d guess we’ll have a good sense by the end of Friday, if we haven’t added an edge at that point, I’m going to have to believe there’s an under the table agreement done.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

When the team writer on the team site is essentially selling Clowney, I just really struggle to believe there isn’t something there. I’d guess we’ll have a good sense by the end of Friday, if we haven’t added an edge at that point, I’m going to have to believe there’s an under the table agreement done.

Where there's smoke......

Honestly I have never seen the Titans front office so willing to discuss an external player in free agency. Can't recall them ever talking at this length about anyone else.

It makes too much sense. Clowney to the Titans is a very obvious fit for the player and the team needs.

Will be interesting to see how the Titans draft. If they don't take a pass rusher early I think that is as big a clue as you are going to get on Clowney. Unless they really do feel comfortable with the current group.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

it's all just extremely weird to me. then again, so is everything else these days lol.

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

well that was fast lol

OJ for a 6th/7th lets do it. If that happened wouldn’t be surprised if we tried to move Corey as well. AJ/Humphrey/Rookie + Jonnu/OJ not too shabby if we could get like a 3rd for Corey (probably too optimistic).

Edited by VY