2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How do you use Corey Davis to move up, let alone get more picks on top of moving up?

Example, Trade our 1st for a 2nd and a 4th. Then we can move up with our second pick in round 2, or move up in round 3 using Davis to do that. We still picked up an additional 4th round pick.

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

Example, Trade our 1st for a 2nd and a 4th. Then we can move up with our second pick in round 2, or move up in round 3 using Davis to do that. We still picked up an additional 4th round pick.

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

or our 1st and Davis for someone else's higher 1st and maybe a 6th or 7th rounder. picked up another pick and moved up.

Davis doesn't have enough value to do anything like that, especially in a draft filled with quality WR prospects.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Davis doesn't have enough value to do anything like that, especially in a draft filled with quality WR prospects.

Jrob has managed some masterful trades in his time here. I do not at all think either of these scenarios should be thrown out the window. 

This is the guy who managed DeMarco murray by moving back like 8ish spots in round 4. The trade for Kelly also. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I would agree with that.  Last season, yeah, sure, but Davis is in the last year of his contract, so it's not like they're getting any more than a year out of him, like we would.

I doubt Corey Davis is traded. He isn't terrible. 
It was said he was battling turf toe most of last year.
The previous year he had 65 catches 891 yards 4TDs in his second year.

He was on an upwards trend. Injury plus additional targets like Hump and AJ Brown also play a part.

Davis is a valuable piece. I think they see how he looks this year, maybe mid year trade? Or just let him walk like Conklin. 

But I don't think he will be traded. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I doubt Corey Davis is traded. He isn't terrible. 
It was said he was battling turf toe most of last year.
The previous year he had 65 catches 891 yards 4TDs in his second year.

He was on an upwards trend. Injury plus additional targets like Hump and AJ Brown also play a part.

Davis is a valuable piece. I think they see how he looks this year, maybe mid year trade? Or just let him walk like Conklin

But I don't think he will be traded. 

I think this is the most likely.  Next year we'll be needing to secure Adoree and Jayon Brown, not to mention replacing Daquon and (if Clowney is coming) replace at least one edge rusher.  Davis won't fit into that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think this is the most likely.  Next year we'll be needing to secure Adoree and Jayon Brown, not to mention replacing Daquon and (if Clowney is coming) replace at least one edge rusher.  Davis won't fit into that.

this is exactly what's gonna happen, and it's why it makes sense that we're hearing about possibly looking at WR on the first two days.

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think it makes them reconsider Clowney, if they have those two ranked as highly as I do.  In that scenario, they could get what looks like at least a starter level pass rusher on a rookie contract for five years instead of having $25 million tied up in one year pass rusher contracts (assuming the rumored $13 million figure is legit).

They could instead see what happens in the draft the rest of the way and use that money on someone like Trumaine Johnson or Dre Kirkpatrick, or even Logan Ryan.  Or another position.  Snacks Harrison is still around, so is Cordy Glenn, Paul Richardson, etc.  That might be a better situation.

That said, if they're not as high on them, then I don't know if their availability necessarily makes them want to trade down any more than they already do.

You could look at it that way... But by the same token you can take your favorite CB, lock him up to a 5 year rookie contract, and use the money on Clowney. 

Clowney and Gladney or Ryan, YGM, and 5M (maybe 2-3M if you consider the edge option is higher than the corner option) 

Its not easy and neither choice is a slam dunk, but I'm going with the former. 

12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It might just be me, but I think we hope Batson is a guy who contributes this year. Wasn’t he playing very well last TC before he got hurt? Could be a reason we didn’t add at WR, especially with Sharpe leaving 

I was thinking that. They really seem to like him. I’d still want to add somebody like Taylor Gabriel, Rashard Higgins, or even Paul Richardson though just because of the drop off after our top 3

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

It might just be me, but I think we hope Batson is a guy who contributes this year. Wasn’t he playing very well last TC before he got hurt? Could be a reason we didn’t add at WR, especially with Sharpe leaving 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

I was thinking that. They really seem to like him. I’d still want to add somebody like Taylor Gabriel, Rashard Higgins, or even Paul Richardson though just because of the drop off after our top 3

Agreed.  Between him and Raymond, and all the UDFA WR's we just signed, there should be someone that emerges above the others, at least.  We can draft a new No. 2 next season after Davis leaves.  Our first three are great, and we'll just lose one next season, so we should be alright.  Especially if Firkser finally breaks out and we use Evans for pass catching with any regularity.