2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Only 2 remain from that 2016 draft. Henry and Byard being those two. Incredible first draft though from Jon Robinson. Dodd and Johnson were obviously duds more so Dodd but Sims, Conklin, Johnson, and Sharpe getting second contracts with different teams and then extending arguably the best safety and RB in football... We’ve come a long way since the dark Ruston days...

Just to show how bad Ruston was. Those truly were dark times....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

It's prematute, but it's a chance Cruikshank and David Long could also add to the list down the line.

Yeah. I didn't want to go super premature with Long, and Cruikshank is kinda iffy to me. He's been good on special teams but I don't remember seeing him on defense much, so if they draft another safety this year or next, he might be the odd man out. 

On 3/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, Titansfan_13 said:

Yeah. I didn't want to go super premature with Long, and Cruikshank is kinda iffy to me. He's been good on special teams but I don't remember seeing him on defense much, so if they draft another safety this year or next, he might be the odd man out. 

I really want to see him at corner but I’m starting to think he’s just another Tommie Campbell, Chris Henry, Paul Williams, an athletic freak with no feel for the game 

Trade idea... 

So let me preface this by stating that I'm not someone who thinks CD is a complete bust (hasn't lived up to his draft value, yes... but he's not a bust, and still has a chance to be a really good player). 

But the truth is we're not likely to use the 5th year option in him this year (similar to how we didn't with Conklin). 

He has good all around skills and is probably one of the better blocking WRs in the league, which has helped speeding some of Henry's long runs. But as a receiver, he doesn't offer anything different than what Brown does. With Brown offering all that a #1 WR offers, and Hump being a prototypical slot, all we're missing is a deep threat. 

Would you all do a swap of Davis for Cooks, straight up?

Cooks offers that elite 

While Cooks would bring with him a contact of 4 years and 51M, none of that would be in the way of guarantees (LA would assume all that). And while 4/51 looks scary, with no guarantees, you're looking at a 1 year 12M or 2 year 24M deal (aiming no restructure), CD is slated to count 8M on the cap this year and is looking at about 12M next year if they exercise the option (in all fairness, trading him would give us a 4M dead hit this year). 

But youre able to bring in a true burner, which this offense truly lacks, and would give this offense a different dimension that could help clear the run game and short/intermediate pass game, while adding a guy that averaged 77/1150/15.0/7 in 4 seasons prior to last season. 

I think a straight swap could work for both teams and players. We get something of value back for a guy we're probably losing next year.