Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

So, here are my thoughts on the game.

Despite what some will say, this game was much closer than the 11 pts would suggest.

Both teams had opportunities and at different points of the game, both teams squandered them. The only real negative thing I have to say is that Pat Mahomes was not the right choice for MVP, it should have been Damien Williams but it was never gonna be anyone but PM if the Chiefs won. PM threw 2 picks and put the ball on the ground repeatedly, if either of those fumbles are recovered by SF, KC probably loses but tis the game of football, the ball bounced in KCs favor. PM has gotta stop Michael Vicking  it with the football.

Having said that I had said multiple times before the game that I didnt care who won, I just wanted to see a good game. It was a good game. It doesnt even crack the top 5 of best SBs ever for me because it really lacked that thrill but it was a solid overall performance by both teams. 

There, imo, isnt a franchise more deserving of a SB than KC. They have loyal fans and hadn't been there since their SB win in SB IV. 50 years is a long time. Overall this franchise has been high class and their fans have not wavered despite the lack of extensive championship success. 

Both of the teams that played last night deserved to be in this game and both left it all on the field. The fact PM won the MVP doesnt take any value away for me.

I mean first of all they posted a voting ad for MVP mid way through the 3rd qtr. Its apparently become a popularity contest more than a true testament of who deserves it imo but to me, its such a small accolade of the entire process that I could pretty much care less really other than to.share my opinion on it in what I consider to be my overview of thoughts. Start to finish, from the intro of the kid running through the streets with the football, to the first half to the halftime show,  to the final half, this was a well performed game by everyone involved and instead of blaming someone in SF for losing how about we just praise KC for winning.

Congrats to SF on a great season.

Congrats to KC on winning the SB.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Despite what some will say, this game was much closer than the 11 pts would suggest.

Both teams had opportunities and at different points of the game, both teams squandered them. The only real negative thing I have to say is that Pat Mahomes was not the right choice for MVP, it should have been Damien Williams but it was never gonna be anyone but PM if the Chiefs won. PM threw 2 picks and put the ball on the ground repeatedly, if either of those fumbles are recovered by SF, KC probably loses but tis the game of football, the ball bounced in KCs favor. PM has gotta stop Michael Vicking  it with the football.

Having said that I had said multiple times before the game that I didnt care who won, I just wanted to see a good game. It was a good game. It doesnt even crack the top 5 of best SBs ever for me because it really lacked that thrill but it was a solid overall performance by both teams. 

There, imo, isnt a franchise more deserving of a SB than KC. They have loyal fans and hadn't been there since their SB loss in SB 1. That's a tough pill to swallow. Overall this franchise has been high class and their fans have not wavered despite the lack of championship success. 

Both of the teams that played last night deserved to be in this game and both left it all on the field. The fact PM won the MVP doesnt take any value away for me.

I mean first of all they posted a voting ad for MVP mid way through the 3rd qtr. Its apparently become a popularity contest more than a true testament of who deserves it imo but to me, its such a small accolade of the entire process that I could pretty much care less really other than to.share my opinion on it in what I consider to be my overview of thoughts. Start to finish, from the intro of the kid running through the streets with the football, to the first half to the halftime show,  to the final half, this was a well performed game by everyone involved and instead of blaming someone in SF for losing how about we just praise KC for winning.

Well, you should see the Chiefs games before Schottenheimer arrived. Their stadium was routinely empty. But ever since then they have been loyal.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

First of all, congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs and all their fans. Mahomes is clearly the leagues best QB and it's awesome that he got a ring so soon in his career. You can pretty much already tailor the HOF jacket he'll own one day.

Having said that, was that not the worst game you've ever seen Mahomes play? For someone who has never really had a bad game in his career, this one must rank up there. He was short-arming throws, ball placement was consistently poor, threw a couple uncharacteristic INTs, and didn't look comfortable at all for pretty much the entirety of the game. Was that just Super Bowl nerves (to be honest, both teams looked uncomfortable the entire time)?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Having said that, was that not the worst game you've ever seen Mahomes play? For someone who has never really had a bad game in his career, this one must rank up there. He was short-arming throws, ball placement was consistently poor, threw a couple uncharacteristic INTs, and didn't look comfortable at all for pretty much the entirety of the game. Was that just Super Bowl nerves (to be honest, both teams looked uncomfortable the entire time)?

Niners defense was dominating for 3.5 quarters. Mahomes played like most QBs played against us this year, shook. Before that bomb to hill he had 160 passing yards. We gave up 137 yards passing per game during the regular season. Was an amazing defense with talent on all three levels. 

There wasn't a single qb we played against that looked comfortable outside of maybe Wilson for a few quarters and kyler for a few drives early in the second time we played them. I guess we could include Goff in the first 1.5 quarters in the second game as well but once we adjusted to his roll outs and got pressure in his face, he basically folded. 

If you would have told me mahomes would throw two picks and fumble twice I would have said niners would win by two scores. Good on his part for jumping on that second one and lucky for him the first one went out of bounds 

Shame we couldn't win this ring, because I could have made the argument we were a top 10 team of all time had we won. 3 losses by a combined 13 points until today while dominating a lot of teams we played (should have been combined 7 points if not for a bad lateral down 1 in ATL with zeros on the clock, not that it really matters). But they didn't win, so we aren't on that list :(

27 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

First of all, congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs and all their fans. Mahomes is clearly the leagues best QB and it's awesome that he got a ring so soon in his career. You can pretty much already tailor the HOF jacket he'll own one day.

Yeah, that was the worst game I've seen him play, but he still came through in the clutch. 3rd and 15, commentator said "you need some Mahomes magic" then he throws a perfect pass to Hill for like 40 yards to start the comeback. Down 10 with 6 minutes left, finish the game up 10.

Mahomes is the greatest player to ever grace the field. We're very lucky he's ours.

32 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I was under the impression that he dinged up his hand getting that first down near the endzone early and didn't really recover until the 4th quarter. He was okay before that hit, his accuracy was terrible after.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I think I'm hazy right now, but I can't think of my teams that got to the Super Bowl, lost, and got back within a few years with relatively the same cast, and then won it. The winners usually seems to be in the mix though. 

Thats because its so hard but the Niners will be in the mix barring a Jimmy G injury or just in general a mass unit of injuries. They have a strong foundation so they arent a one year wonder. I do think next season is going to be interesting though because of the Superbowl hangover.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Thats because its so hard but the Niners will be in the mix barring a Jimmy G injury or just in general a mass unit of injuries. They have a strong foundation so they arent a one year wonder. I do think next season is going to be interesting though because of the Superbowl hangover.

I think it's a tad cruel that all off-season I told you and jrry repeatedly that the Superbowl hangover was real and you kept saying it wasn't. Now here we are 

We should be able to run it back with mostly the same squad. We don't have many draft picks though 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

There, imo, isnt a franchise more deserving of a SB than KC. They have loyal fans and hadn't been there since their SB loss in SB 1. That's a tough pill to swallow. Overall this franchise has been high class and their fans have not wavered despite the lack of championship success. 

1. I don't think anyone is saying this wasn't a close game...where is anyone saying the game's final score represents the disparity in the matchup???

2. Not true. they won Super Bowl IV. That's why they had been mentioning that this was their first Super Bowl appearance (and win) in 50 years.

2 minutes ago, crack2K4 said:

1. I don't think anyone is saying this wasn't a close game...where is anyone saying the game's final score represents the disparity in the matchup???

2. Not true. they won Super Bowl IV. That's why they had been mentioning that this was their first Super Bowl appearance (and win) in 50 years.

1. It was comments prior to the conclusion.

2. You're right. I wasnt alive then so tbh, I didn't even remember that tidbit. Shows you how much I follow KC lol.

Just now, Kirill said:

Maybe from this people will learn to quit the overemphasis on season long metrics. Chiefs had the best defense in the final 8 weeks of the season and had the better defense tonight.

Eh, I'd actually say that both defenses played equally well. But that KCs defense was the one that made the final play. I dont think we can blanket statement say that KCs defense is all the sudden great and write off the games in which they weren't because it doesnt fit your narrative. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, N4L said:

Niners defense was dominating for 3.5 quarters. Mahomes played like most QBs played against us this year, shook. Before that bomb to hill he had 160 passing yards. We gave up 137 yards passing per game during the regular season. Was an amazing defense with talent on all three levels. 

There wasn't a single qb we played against that looked comfortable outside of maybe Wilson for a few quarters and kyler for a few drives early in the second time we played them. I guess we could include Goff in the first 1.5 quarters in the second game as well but once we adjusted to his roll outs and got pressure in his face, he basically folded. 

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that. That Niners defense was on him all night.