Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

Normally I’d agree..  you’re looking at HC though.  Over half these players weren’t starting for KC’s D last year,  along with a brand new DC.  They were never going to come out firing at all cylinders.  They aren’t SF defense, but they are better then people are giving credit for in this thread.    They aren’t going to lay down

They aren’t as good as the last two games suggest by any means though. Texans have the worst OL in the league and worst situational play caller. Titans Offense did a decent job, but the Titans secondary is miserable and the Titans Pass Offense isn’t built that way. 

So even if we give Chiefs credit for “geling” how much better than 17th really are they? 14th, 15th? They are 100% not a Top 10 Defense. 49ers should be able to get the run game open and use play action passing. The Chiefs have been very suspect over the middle of the field. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They aren’t as good as the last two games suggest by any means though. Texans have the worst OL in the league and worst situational play caller. Titans Offense did a decent job, but the Titans secondary is miserable and the Titans Pass Offense isn’t built that way. 

So even if we give Chiefs credit for “geling” how much better than 17th really are they? 14th, 15th? They are 100% not a Top 10 Defense. 49ers should be able to get the run game open and use play action passing. The Chiefs have been very suspect over the middle of the field. 

It will be a chess match..  I’m in no way saying we run away with this..  I’m only replying to that 29th DVOA.. cuz that is in no way accurate at this point.  

It will be a close game and yes that should be the target points for SF.    Acting like SF is going to run away with this is just as crazy as acting like KC is....  but if one team were to do it,  it would be KC (I don’t even see a 1% chance of this happening though)

8 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

It's the media trolling with clickbait.  The 9ers running all over the Packers was huge from a super bowl ratings standpoint.  It makes this seem like a competitive match for casual viewers.

Telling stat:  Mahomes was only sacked 17 times in the regular season.

The same media that says that this is going to be a blowout for the Chiefs?

It’s quite ludicrous to say that any team that has made it to the Super Bowl has “no chance” to win it. And Mahomes was sacked twice last game against a defense that forgot how to tackle on multiple plays

5 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

It will be a chess match..  I’m in no way saying we run away with this..  I’m only replying to that 29th DVOA.. cuz that is in no way accurate at this point.  

It will be a close game and yes that should be the target points for SF.    Acting like SF is going to run away with this is just as crazy as acting like KC is....  but if one team were to do it,  it would be KC (I don’t even see a 1% chance of this happening though)

SF won’t run away with it but if they can slow down the Chief Offense with their Cover 3, Kwon covers Kelce, 2-3 sacks, and an INT, they should certainly win a close game. 49ers Offense can absolutely hold their own. People giving too much respect to Reid and not enough to Kyle. These are the two best offensive minds in the NFL. And I’ve been saying that since 2016. 

Edited by BayRaider

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just taking one of those: what was wrong with the Titans passing offense?? Tannehill was a gunslinger for em.

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Where's the predictions of blowouts? I see some picking the Chiefs some picking the 9ers...

Victim mentality. Their psyche knows whats about to take place. Mahomes and his team of a fax machine, pocket lint, two cheetos, a paperclip and a bag of chips is about to win this thing.

Just now, Kirill said:

Victim mentality. Their psyche knows whats about to take place. Mahomes and his team of a fax machine, pocket lint, two cheetos, a paperclip and a bag of chips is about to win this thing.

Hope you’re back after Jimmy’s game winning drive

10 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

I'll enjoy reading the articles saying that with the links you provide.

Watch TV or type in media predictions. Media all over Chiefs in this one. I don’t know about blowouts though like he suggested. But it’s certainly lopsided just like 2015 Carolina over Denver and 2017 Pats over Eagles. 

27 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

It's the media trolling with clickbait.  The 9ers running all over the Packers was huge from a super bowl ratings standpoint.  It makes this seem like a competitive match for casual viewers.

Telling stat:  Mahomes was only sacked 17 times in the regular season.

so the niners have no shot at all is what I'm reading here? Interesting.