Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Frank Clark 3 sacks against the Texans then locked up the Titans after everyone talked so much **** about him not being scared of Derrick Henry. He's 1000% right about Dee Ford too. Can't. Wait.

Edited by Kirill

The 49ers are 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards.

• The Chiefs beat the teams that were #1 and #3
    • Including humiliating the Titans 2 weeks ago

The 49ers are 8/2 on defense

• The Chiefs beat teams that were 1/1, 3/4, and 4/8

All this talk about the 49ers having some kind of advantage is incorrect.

Better than Foles? xD

Jimmy G is 17 for 27 for 208 yards 1 TD and 1 pick coming into this game.

Foles was 49-63 for 598 yards and 3 TDs heading into that Super Bowl.

Foles had one of the 20 best games by any QB in the history of football on that Super Bowl Sunday. (up there with Simms, Montana, Young, Williams, and Brady)

• His 1 interception was a perfect pass that hit Jeffrey in the shoulder/hand while Jeffrey was being held on PI.

Pretending that Jimmy G is above that is asinine.

giphy.gif

Basic raw stats may give SF an edge.

Second level stats like DVOA give KC an edge.

This is a great match up. I can't wait to see what happens.

13 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The 49ers are 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards.

• The Chiefs beat the teams that were #1 and #3
    • Including humiliating the Titans 2 weeks ago

The 49ers are 8/2 on defense

• The Chiefs beat teams that were 1/1, 3/4, and 4/8

All this talk about the 49ers having some kind of advantage is incorrect.

Better than Foles? xD

Jimmy G is 17 for 27 for 208 yards 1 TD and 1 pick coming into this game.

Foles was 49-63 for 598 yards and 3 TDs heading into that Super Bowl.

Foles had one of the 20 best games by any QB in the history of football on that Super Bowl Sunday. (up there with Simms, Montana, Young, Williams, and Brady)

• His 1 interception was a perfect pass that hit Jeffrey in the shoulder/hand while Jeffrey was being held on PI.

Pretending that Jimmy G is above that is asinine.

giphy.gif

Basic raw stats may give SF an edge.

Second level stats like DVOA give KC an edge.

This is a great match up. I can't wait to see what happens.

You mean like how KC is 29th in DVOA against the run?

32 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Frank Clark 3 sacks against the Texans then locked up the Titans after everyone talked so much **** about him not being scared of Derrick Henry. He's 1000% right about Dee Ford too. Can't. Wait.

3 sacks against an O line that gave up 49 sacks this year isn’t very impressive, especially if they also have to throw 52 times

Edited by jonnguy2015

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

It’s really hard to tell who actually believes the stuff they are writing.. as opposed to just over the top comebacks to people trolling.  

Yeah I would be very surprised if Mahomes actually threw a pick six at all on Sunday, but Kirill’s reaction if he does would be something to watch.

@SkippyX You obviously took my Jimmy is better than Foles comment to heart. Although, he is better. Jimmy is a Top 15 QB in the NFL. Foles was never Top 20 besides one year in 2013. Amazing playoff run though. 

Foles/Jimmy aside though, the Niners have a Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense. Chiefs have the HC, QB, and WR’s. How many times have we seen this narrative? The better overall team and more balanced team almost always wins. Which would be the Niners in this regard. 

Chiefs are more than their QB and weapons.   

It’s going to be a great game,  if we hold San Fran under 150 rushing yards I’m pretty confident we win.   If not,  Mahomes will have to be special and than some.    Tough task,  but the run defense has been putting in work lately.    

8 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Chiefs are more than their QB and weapons.   

It’s going to be a great game,  if we hold San Fran under 150 rushing yards I’m pretty confident we win.   If not,  Mahomes will have to be special and than some.    Tough task,  but the run defense has been putting in work lately.    

Chiefs Defense is 17th Overall and 29th in Run Defense DVOA. I wouldn’t say they are “all” Mahomes, Reid, and Weapons but they are no where even close as a Top to Bottom Overall team as the Niners are. 

Streaks are not important, it’s all about looking at the sample size we have for both teams. Looking at streaks of stats like they have been good “lately” is irresponsible. It’s the same roster, same coach, etc. The problem with a lot of bettors is they looked at streaks and get their shirt taken from them. 

Now, do I think it’s gonna be a blowout? No. Because Reid is the best Extra-Time Offensive Game Planner in NFL History. And Mahomes is special. 

My prediction here is 34-31 49ers win. Chiefs D looks suspect, both offenses look great, Niners get some sacks and one INT. 

Don’t get me wrong, this is the best Super Bowl on paper since Pats vs Seahawks IMO. Really excited for it! 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Chiefs Defense is 17th Overall and 29th in Run Defense DVOA. I wouldn’t say they are “all” Mahomes, Reid, and Weapons but they are no where even close as a Top to Bottom Overall team as the Niners are. 

Streaks are not important, it’s all about looking at the sample size we have for both teams. Looking at streaks of stats like they have been good “lately” is irresponsible. It’s the same roster, same coach, etc. The problem with a lot of bettors is they looked at streaks and get their shirt taken from them. 

Now, do I think it’s gonna be a blowout? No. Because Reid is the best Extra-Time Offensive Game Planner in NFL History. And Mahomes is special. 

My prediction here is 34-31 49ers win. Chiefs D looks suspect, both offenses look great, Niners get some sacks and one INT. 

Don’t get me wrong, this is the best Super Bowl on paper since Pats vs Seahawks IMO. Really excited for it! 

We installed our 4-2-5 defense this year and are still 17th overall after going through growing pains the first 8 weeks. I'm ok with that. After last season all you heard was we just needed an average defense to win the super bowl anyways.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Normally I’d agree..  you’re looking at HC though.  Over half these players weren’t starting for KC’s D last year,  along with a brand new DC.  They were never going to come out firing at all cylinders.  They aren’t SF defense, but they are better then people are giving credit for in this thread.    They aren’t going to lay down

31 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

It’s really hard to tell who actually believes the stuff they are writing.. as opposed to just over the top comebacks to people trolling.  

It's the media trolling with clickbait.  The 9ers running all over the Packers was huge from a super bowl ratings standpoint.  It makes this seem like a competitive match for casual viewers.

Telling stat:  Mahomes was only sacked 17 times in the regular season.

• Like 1