Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Unfortunately, the terms of the deal were for an AFC Championship. The fine print always gets you

lmao that fine print can really **** you 

I think Frank Clark did the same thing, he proclaimed "We are the champions" after they beat Tennessee. Then he realized that they were not in fact champions, and had to add 'of the AFC' after a long pause.

Then he says this week "the niners have never faced a DE like me" when in fact, we faced him multiple times last year with this exact same OL. not sure what that guy is going on about

(Im out of likes but I owe you one for that)

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I legit cannot decide who to bet on. 

I am on the over pretty heavy straight. I also parlayed that with the niners ML. Made the over bet on sunday after championship week thinking the line would move up a lot.

I don't feel great about the over anymore just because 90% of the money is on the over and the total hasn't risen at all. That seems like Vegas is trying to encourage more betting on the over, which is terrifying. A friend of mine is going to wait to do the over live if neither team scores right away if he can get the line in the 40s. Then if both teams score early, he says he is going to do the under in the 60s. not a bad strategy. 

I think the niners will come out firing out of the gate. KC is usually pretty good in the first quarter too. Everyone is talking about the slow start to their last 2 games, but before that they started really fast. I did read something saying that the 1st quarter of superbowls are usually pretty slow because both teams are nervous. I just don't see that happening for either of these squads. Niners defense has given up points on the first drive for the other team a few times before completely clamping down after that. 2 of the best offensive coaches in the game are going to script their first plays, so I think both come out trying to set the tone. 

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

lmao that fine print can really **** you 

I think Frank Clark did the same thing, he proclaimed "We are the champions" after they beat Tennessee. Then he realized that they were not in fact champions, and had to add 'of the AFC' after a long pause.

Then he says this week "the niners have never faced a DE like me" when in fact, we faced him multiple times last year with this exact same OL. not sure what that guy is going on about 

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am on the over pretty heavy straight. I also parlayed that with the niners ML. Made the over bet on sunday after championship week thinking the line would move up a lot.

I don't feel great about the over anymore just because 90% of the money is on the over and the total hasn't risen at all. That seems like Vegas is trying to encourage more betting on the over, which is terrifying. A friend of mine is going to wait to do the over live if neither team scores right away if he can get the line in the 40s. Then if both teams score early, he says he is going to do the under in the 60s. not a bad strategy. 

Where'd you read that from? I think I saw John Ewing had 77%. 

18 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

They also faced Myles Garrett, Cam Jordan, Chandler Jones, Jadeveon Clowney, Everson Griffin, Danielle Hunter, Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith, and Shaq Barrett, who are all better than him.

TJ Watt, Bud Dupree and Cameron Hayward

All the media is on the Chiefs, almost a sweep. Reminds me of Denver/Carolina where I was 95% Denver was gonna win that one. 

I’m more like 65% on the Niners but I’m surprised at the lopsidedness. 

Whenever I ask someone why they are on KC, it’s always “Mahomes, Reid, and destruction of Texans/Titans.”

A HC and QB against a team that has ranked Top 5 on both sides of the ball has been VERY favorable to the team with the Top 5 Ranking on both sides of the ball. Alas Eagles in 2017. Top 5 in both, one of the most balanced teams in NFL History, but they don’t have a chance against Tom/Bellichick!! And this 49er team is also one of the most balanced in NFL History, ranked 2nd in Defense and 4th in Offense. Not to mention Jimmy is a heck of a lot better than Foles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A HC and QB against a team that has ranked Top 5 on both sides of the ball has been VERY favorable to the team with the Top 5 Ranking on both sides of the ball. Alas Eagles in 2017. Top 5 in both, one of the most balanced teams in NFL History, but they don’t have a chance against Tom/Bellichick!! And this 49er team is also one of the most balanced in NFL History, ranked 2nd in Defense and 4th in Offense. Not to mention Jimmy is a heck of a lot better than Foles. 

You had me till the last portion. Wanna bet Jimmy doesn't sniff Nick Foles SB performance? Being "better" doesn't mean he will play "better" when it matters most. That's far from a given!

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You had me till the last portion. Wanna bet Jimmy doesn't sniff Nick Foles SB performance? Being "better" doesn't mean he will play "better" when it matters most. That's far from a given!

Even so, I expect a good showing from Jimmy. He may not go Super Saiyan like Foles but he’s pretty dang good already in base form, and doesn’t need to be overly special. The Niners run game is fantastic and Kyle is a better play caller in the passing game than Pederson.