Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Has anyone not brought up Mahomes threw for under 200 yards in both Charger games with 1 INT in both games? Chargers and Niners basically run the same 4-3 Cover 3 scheme. And Niners with ridiculously better personnel.

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Oof.

I'm done with Watkins. Kelce apparently had to jump his *** about his body language last game. He perpetually says stupid stuff. Cut bait and move on. If we spent 15M on another WR we'd get so much more production.

I can see SF winning comfortably. Much more balanced team and have the personnel to frustrate Mahomes. Mahomes isn't this unstoppable god people make him out to be.

Shanahan can also easily outcoach Reid too.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

Just now, Elky said:

I can see SF winning comfortably. Much more balanced team and have the personnel to frustrate Mahomes.

Mahomes and his squad of some pocket lint, a lays potato chip, a three hole punch, an Elmo projector, and a paperclip are about to SHOCK THE WORLD.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Has anyone not brought up Mahomes threw for under 200 yards in both Charger games with 1 INT in both games? Chargers and Niners basically run the same 4-3 Cover 3 scheme. And Niners with ridiculously better personnel.

I brought it up earlier and asked Jak about it. 

I just don't know that you can really glean anything from it. It's hard to say. The Chargers defense is legitimately very similar to the 49ers (the niners run cover three 2nd or 3rd most in the league, the chargers run it more) with the stud pass rushers up front. It's also a division rival, which can always skew things a bit. 

And he's basically shredded zone defenses throughout his career (he's shredded every type of defense throughout his career). This year he's completing nearly 75% of his passes and has nearly 10 yards per attempt against zone defenses as a whole. Honestly, it's only been those Chargers games that have given him fits in zone defenses. Last year, it was much the same. 5 games against top 8 zone teams and he completed 64% of his passes at 8 yards per attempt and 14 touchdowns to 0 interceptions. The Colts are typically one of the heaviest zone defenses in the league, but in their game against the Chiefs earlier this year, they flipped to nearly entirely man coverage. Detroit also ran mostly man coverage against Mahomes, both games where Mahomes wasn't great. 

While I think if you're a 49er fan the Chargers games are the most relevant to give you hope for slowing him down, the fact of the matter is that he's just good against any time of defense more often than not, and you just hope for one of those games where he's not. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's cute how fans from a team that's -1.5 to win are somehow being painted as the underdogs.  O.o

Holy narrative spin city....

Blame the media. 

I had to listen to crazy crap like this when OSU played Clemson. Clemson was somehow the underdog despite everybody picking them to win.

20 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

You mean like how KC is 29th in DVOA against the run?

How exactly did that help Derrick Henry in the AFCCG or Baltimore in the regular season? xD

KC is the better DVOA team. Nitpicking 1 stat is meaningless.

Again, close game likely despite nitpicking and delusion.

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

I sold my ******* soul for this ****

Nobody cares. Nobody has said that Mahomes plays with scrubs either. The more balanced team is the 49ers, but what does that really mean? Balance isn't the difference maker in winning and losing games. Execution is. The 49ers have done a great job all year of executing in all facets. Hence, 3 losses on the final play of the game. Also, minus the late TD from ATL on the 49ers last second lateral fest all three losses were by less than 3 points.

Chiefs have been very good as well. I think 3 of their 4 losses are by 7 or less. 

All of this being said the Niners win by 10 and you are left wondering again.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

How exactly did that help Derrick Henry in the AFCCG or Baltimore in the regular season? xD

KC is the better DVOA team. Nitpicking 1 stat is meaningless.

Again, close game likely despite nitpicking and delusion.

Run scheme in SF is much better and Henry is a bruiser without the wheels. If Mostert gets to the second level the defense is toast. the KC LB's don't have the speed so they better be clean on their gap responsibilities and that secondary better take great angles. Shanahan will dial it up and you cannot argue that. The Niners run game is much better than what KC saw with the Titans. You can't ignore the poor run defense. Doesn't mean they haven't been better in the playoffs, they definitely have, but let's not sit back and act like Tannehill and the Titans pass game put any fear into any defense. Different story with the 49ers. As much as people want to ignore it, the pass offense will carve up the best defenses as well. Enjoy obscurity.

Niners by 10