SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Shanny likes to put his worst foot forward in the big one, apparently 

Its the same as that game against the Ravens i believe. I kinda understand not wanting to leave time on the clock for a guy like Mahomes with Hill and Hardman but we play so defensive at those times.

1 minute ago, uk9erfan said:

Be honest fellas. None of us would be criticising Shanny if that call on Kittle hadn't been made.

I mean, even if he makes the catch, it's 3 points they can get instead of a TD. If Shanahan takes a timeout, and the same results happen, they have more time to get a TD. 

• Like 2

Kyle Shannahan basically doesn't want to win SB's! He failed to put the hammer down on the Patriots with a 28-3 lead where all he needed was a few runs. And now today he can't call a timeout to give yourself time for a drive to take the lead into the half. I'm sure John Lynch is gonna say something about this after the game but not sure it matters b/c Shannhan reports directly to York.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

I mean, even if he makes the catch, it's 3 points they can get instead of a TD. If Shanahan takes a timeout, and the same results happen, they have more time to get a TD. 

I know I too didn't know why we didn't get aggressive and take the timeout at 1.30 left but we have to keep Mahomes off the field.  If we'd gone three and out and left a minute on the clock we'd have been chewing Shanny's nuts for that too.

5 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I mean I'd be happy but if we had all that time we could have done something similar too. I still think we should have called a timeout before the punt.

I agree but I think I understand why he didn't. He wants Mahomes off the field as much as possible