Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

The narrative around the Raiders among the general public is “Brady won’t choose LV, how will they compete?”. A blown out of proportion statement. All Tom has to do is talk a couple hours with Jon and Mike and sees if he likes what he hears. “Are you guys gonna get me a WR?” “Are you drastically gonna address defense?”. 

Jeudy at 12, Byron Jones in FA, and Queen/Murray at 19 along with the GOAT as QB, and you are certainly looking at a Super Bowl contending team, as long as coaching follows through. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The narrative around the Raiders among the general public is “Brady won’t choose LV, how will they compete?”. A blown out of proportion statement. All Tom has to do is talk a couple hours with Jon and Mike and sees if he likes what he hears. “Are you guys gonna get me a WR?” “Are you drastically gonna address defense?”. 

Jeudy at 12, Byron Jones in FA, and Queen/Murray at 19 along with the GOAT as QB, and you are certainly looking at a Super Bowl contending team, as long as coaching follows through. 

Look at us two playing nice lol...

do you think Brady goes here or anywhere on just a promise to draft a Wr or address area of weakness or do you think he’s going to want to at least see a few holes filled with a plan for the draft?

Speaking of that... with Brady basically traveling to 1/4 of the teams to be Courted im sure he’s going to know a lot of inside draft info!!!  I’d move to se his mock draft lol whatever team he goes to could get a lot of inside info at his debriefing!

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Look at us two playing nice lol...

do you think Brady goes here or anywhere on just a promise to draft a Wr or address area of weakness or do you think he’s going to want to at least see a few holes filled with a plan for the draft?

Speaking of that... with Brady basically traveling to 1/4 of the teams to be Courted im sure he’s going to know a lot of inside draft info!!!  I’d move to se his mock draft lol whatever team he goes to could get a lot of inside info at his debriefing!

I really never sensed he was going back to NE. Like, why would Adam keep reporting throughout the season he’s most likely done there. Adams sources are strong usually, and if he sounds confident/repetitive, they are even stronger. 

As for not NE? I was very confident he was coming to Las Vegas, until Philip Rivers left LAC and Tannehil fizzled in the playoffs. Like Nov-Mid January confident. (That’s how long Adam has been reporting this). 

Now it’s anyones guess. I still think it’s LV or Tenn, with LAC being the wildcard, and TB being a distant wildcard (Brady can still sling it).

I’d be pretty surprised if he is back on NE or on SF/Dal/IND. 

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Already making excuses for TB eh?? Yikes lol

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Already making excuses for TB eh?? Yikes lol

This is the type of garbage posts I’m referring to @jimkelly02

So I will reply with a garbage post. 

It’s better than your cult giving Carr THREE years of excuses. Literally. Carr has the 2nd worst QB Record against winning records in NFL History, behind David Carr, by one game. Keep making a hundred million excuses for the guy. 

The Carr family doesn’t win. They play as passive as can be. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Lol you literally made a hypothetical offseason, then threw in an out. IE, if that doesn’t work than it’s in the coaches. 
well those would be the same coaches as DC now, but I bring up conservative play calling you say it’s an excuse.

Haha I just couldn’t resist cause of the amount of times you’ve complained about excuses, to then post that. Classic Haha

Edited by BackinBlack

Yeah it’s us, Tenn, and A distant LAC, IMO.

you know I like Carr but also admit he’s flawed.  But I’d we could get good compensation for Carr and get Brady it could change this organization greatly! Albright said 2 2nds we asked for.  Surprise surprise! The Colts and bears have 2nds and issues at CB!

if we could get 2 2nds or even better a 2nd and ‘21 for Carr...That could be be a game Changer!

I’ve talked about this before but it’s allow us set up future drafts with additional high picks.  Hopefully we can keep rolling back picks into the next year or use Them to trade up for a QB1.

So let Indy think shortsighted and take 44 and 2021 1st instead of 34+44.

trade 12,80,118 to Arizona for 8, draft Isaiah Simmons, OLB

then your left with 19,44,81,91,159 to fill holes at MLB, WR1, CB1, LT/LG depth, and DL depth.  But FA will have previously filed most of these.  We can even trade a 3rd for a ‘21 second and end up with 2 1st and 2 2nds... that’s enough capital to get Lawrence or Fields!

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol you literally made a hypothetical offseason, then threw in an out. IE, if that doesn’t work than it’s in the coaches. 
well those would be the same coaches as DC now, but I bring up conservative play calling you say it’s an excuse.

Haha I just couldn’t resist cause of the amount of times you’ve complained about excuses, to then post that. Classic Haha

Excuses are fine. Not for three seasons long and REPEATING the same excuses every off season. 

• Like 1

If you had ended instead with, if we do all of that and the team still doesn’t compete then maybe Brady has lost a step, or wow we really need D.

but you literally put it all on the coaches in a hypothetical and can’t seem to see that there are a number of reasons why a team may not compete 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Fair play, 1/2 hour ago I’d be liking every post you’ve made this year.....

but the “Great QB war of ‘20” just came to a peaceful resolution,,, (although I never really got a full apology! Lol) so while your point is well taken let’s all remember to stay civil!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I was there in the 2017 off season agreeing with you guys that Carr should be our QB in 2018 and Downing sucks, this excuse, that excuse, etc. I’m not some mythical creature Carr-Hater. 

However, three seasons of excuses. It’s not the excuses. It’s Derek Carr. It’s painfully obvious. 

Not gonna make this a Carr thread though. 

Hopefully we sign Brady. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was there in the 2017 off season agreeing with you guys that Carr should be our QB in 2018 and Downing sucks, this excuse, that excuse, etc. I’m not some mythical creature Carr-Hater. 

However, three seasons of excuses. It’s not the excuses. It’s Derek Carr. It’s painfully obvious. 

Not gonna make this a Carr thread though. 

Hopefully we sign Brady. 

Fair enough. 

thrre are many ways to build a successful team in the nfl, and we all just want the raiders to win. 

so thankful to have Mayock on board, because while you and I may argue about Carr, if Mayock were to come here and say, I agree with bay raider about Carr, I’d be all for moving on lol. 

whatever move we make, I will believe in. Mayock deserves that after last year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair enough. 

thrre are many ways to build a successful team in the nfl, and we all just want the raiders to win. 

so thankful to have Mayock on board, because while you and I may argue about Carr, if Mayock were to come here and say, I agree with bay raider about Carr, I’d be all for moving on lol. 

whatever move we make, I will believe in. Mayock deserves that after last year

We’re on the same team. I agree with whatever Mayock and Gruden do, including keeping Carr. They know better than I do and I trust them. Unlike Al Davis who I disagreed and didn’t trust for years. May the man rest in peace, but totally senile the past 9-10 years of his life, and really set us back. 

One person who won’t agree with Mayock/Gruden if they trade Carr is Frankie. He’s gonna throw a massive fit and act like he’s smarter than Mayock. My reaction if Carr’s our starter? “Let’s go” plain and simple. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1