Las Vegas Raiders Total Control Mock Draft - Littleton is a Raider!!

DTMW78

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

I wouldn't be against moving on from Key, but don't do it just because. He's on a super cheap deal. If you had some type of trade offer I'd definitely listen. But even with Jordan or Mayowa back, he could still be a 4th guy on a decent deal. 

He was progressing pre injury. 3rd year jump with marinelli?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTMW78 said:

Howard deal done.

Raiders give R3#81+ r4#118+ r6#193

Dolphins give 2470 Xavien Howard CB

Thoughts?

Great deal. Him and Mullen could be one of the best duo's in the league. Howard has shown some super high level play, and he's still incredibly young. 

Very nice get. 

4 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Howard deal done.

Raiders give R3#81+ r4#118+ r6#193

Dolphins give 2470 Xavien Howard CB

Thoughts?

1) Can you put a link to the Raiders page in the mock on the first page?  Thank you

2) What is the cap at now?

3) How does he match up with Mullen?  I know many CBs like to stay on a particular side of the field.  Can either play both or is one going to need to transition? 

I am not a big fan of trading or signing big money CBs.  They seem to not live up to expectations on new teams.  Some do but very few.  He makes the team look better on paper at least.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

1) Can you put a link to the Raiders page in the mock on the first page?  Thank you

2) What is the cap at now?

3) How does he match up with Mullen?  I know many CBs like to stay on a particular side of the field.  Can either play both or is one going to need to transition? 

I am not a big fan of trading or signing big money CBs.  They seem to not live up to expectations on new teams.  Some do but very few.  He makes the team look better on paper at least.

All the moves I've made are in the op along with the available cap, which stands at 30.5 mill going in to round 2 of free agency.

Howard is a very good get imo.

Mullen on one side,Howard on the other.Not sure of either guy travels but I'm sure they're both capable of doing so.

Just need that slot guy now, any candidates in house?

15 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

All the moves I've made are in the op along with the available cap, which stands at 30.5 mill going in to round 2 of free agency.

Howard is a very good get imo.

Mullen on one side,Howard on the other.Not sure of either guy travels but I'm sure they're both capable of doing so.

Id echo what the posters above have said, good value trade.

The coaches seem to like Nixon a lot and Nevin Lawson I thought looked solid last year do they could man the slot potentially, though they won't likely be Pro Bowl level players. 

Id look at a FA such as TJ Carrie or the second tier of rookie CBs maybe for a slot guy. Brian Poole would be ideal but he's likely played himself into a nice contract. Can't have stars everywhere!   

Edited by Darbsk

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Howard has played both sides for the Dolphins. Mullen has played LCB for us but played both sides at Clemson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Id echo what the posters above have said, good value trade.

The coaches seem to like Nixon a lot and Nevin Lawson I thought looked solid last year do they could man the slot potentially, though they won't likely be Pro Bowl level players. 

Id look at a FA such as TJ Carrie or the second tier of rookie CBs maybe for a slot guy. Brian Poole would be ideal but he's likely played himself into a nice contract. Can't have stars everywhere!   

Each player has an expectation APY salary, Poole for example is over 11 mill, as the round progress and the player remains unsigned his APY decreases by 10 percent each round.

So if he's still available I'm round 10 he will be a lot cheaper. Set your price and bid on him when he falls in to that range.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Each player has an expectation APY salary, Poole for example is over 11 mill, as the round progress and the player remains unsigned his APY decreases by 10 percent each round.

So if he's still available I'm round 10 he will be a lot cheaper. Set your price and bid on him when he falls in to that range.

Good to know.  I was curious how it worked.  I would say round 5 maybe 4 when it comes to Poole then. 

Howard was a really good CB but the injury and possible suspension from DV is why you got him for what you did.  There is some risk there with him.  $12 million for one of the best CBs in league if everything else works out is amazing though.  Would not happen in real life unless it comes out that his wife did not fall on his crutches and he was actually hitting her with them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Good to know.  I was curious how it worked.  I would say round 5 maybe 4 when it comes to Poole then. 

Howard was a really good CB but the injury and possible suspension from DV is why you got him for what you did.  There is some risk there with him.  $12 million for one of the best CBs in league if everything else works out is amazing though.  Would not happen in real life unless it comes out that his wife did not fall on his crutches and he was actually hitting her with them.

I'm sure i read that the DV charge had been dropped.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/07/dolphins-cb-xavien-howard-sees-domestic-battery-charges-dropped/amp/

Still may see something from Mr Goodell and his cronies though.

8 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

You resigned KoJo.

He is going Going to be the nickel DB. In the base D Joyner plays at S next to Abram. In Nickel KoJo comes on and Joyner drops into the slot. 

Along with EHarris, IJohnson, NLawson and KNixon we are pretty set in the secondary til the draft/special teams contributor.