2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

If we are going TE as an FA which I'm up for BIG time. I wouldn't want Hooper. Much prefer Hunter Henry if we can get him here. Historically, way better PFF grades, consistent 80's. While until this season Hooper was a consistent 60, which feels about right. Hooper feels like an above average TE nothing, while Henry does feel a level below the top tier boys.

15 hours ago, festiveonion said:

Think the idea is there’s much more value in targeting an additional WR in this draft than a TE. 

Combine that with TE’s not signing for as much as they ‘should’ compared to other positions and the amount of time it takes them to develop vs WR... and you have a sound blueprint for adding talent to this offense. 
Realistically it doesn’t matter as long as one pass catcher is signed. But FA TE and targeting receiver in a historically deep group makes for better asset management. 

Yeah, I would ignore WR in free agency - prioritise WR in the draft , look to pick up two of them reasonably early and use free agency for other positions. Try and get someone TE wise in free agency even if they are a bit JAGGY.