2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

@TomSilverstein

#Packers have had some discussions about #Ravens ILB Josh Bynes, a hard-nosed veteran who could help the team's run defense. Another guy that Milt Hendrickson knows from his time in Balt. He did not play with Za'Darius Smith, but would have the same familiarity in Pettine system.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

We paid $2.1M to Lewis last year.

I'm down with Walker at that amount.

He'll be more than Lewis but less than Graham. Walker is still a savy player, good compliment to Jace. I just don't get the urge to dump a lot of $$$ into the TE position in a Rodgers-led offense. Pay for an outside WR, not a TE. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He'll be more than Lewis but less than Graham. Walker is still a savy player, good compliment to Jace. I just don't get the urge to dump a lot of $$$ into the TE position in a Rodgers-led offense. Pay for an outside WR, not a TE. 

Agreed.  I don't get into a bidding war for Delanie.  But...somewhere around $2-$4M and I'm interested.  I'd rather that go to a WR, but there's darned little out there.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

STFU ABOUT TONYAN!  

OMG THE NEXT PERSON WHO SUGGESTS TONYAN IS GOING TO DO **** ALL I MIGHT...

Politely ask them to reassess their opinion. Calm, Outpost, calmmmm.

Eric Ebron at this point would be nice though.  3 years, 24 million.  Gives him that longer contract he wants, lets him hit one more contract year before he hits that 30 years old mark.  If he’s smart, if we’re smart, both sides come to an agreement on less than he’s worth now, but the insurance of a multi-year deal in a good position to improve on his final contract.

What exactly are you looking for in the third or fourth TE on the roster? Tonyan is fine for that role.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Fowler just got $3 years $48M.  Average of 16M/season.

Z'Smith got 4 years, $66M. Average of 16.5M/season.

Hmmm.  In Gute I trust.

Who paid Fowler? Although, Beasley got like 12.5 on a one-year prove it deal from Tennessee. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Why would Ebron sign now for less than he's worth? The chance to play in GB?

One year "reset the market" deals...yes...those are often below market...because of some circumstance: coming off injury, suspension etc. Multi-year deals for healthy players? They generally try to max them out.

Ebron missed five games last year. Does he have some injury thats a carry over to this year?

Isn't his market value what somebody is willing to pay him? I know it only takes one fool to make that value a lot more than 8 a year. Hooper is top paid TE at 11 per. Way overpaid, IMO, but regardless 8 is not that far off the top 10 TEs pay days.