2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Might be wise to wait until after the draft now. There will be additional vets cut and we wouldn't have to sacrifice our comp picks coming from losing Bulaga and Martinez if we sign those cut players. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Might be wise to wait until after the draft now. There will be additional vets cut and we wouldn't have to sacrifice our comp picks coming from losing Bulaga and Martinez if we sign those cut players. 

Rodgers cap hit this year is miniscule compared to future years. I'm not sacrificing that for a future end of 4th round pick in 2021, so essentially worth an end of 5th round for this upcoming off-season. Pass.

Make us better Gute.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers cap hit this year is miniscule compared to future years. I'm not sacrificing that for a future end of 4th round pick in 2021, so essentially worth an end of 5th round for this upcoming off-season. Pass.

Make us better Gute.

Is a guesstimate available now how much the CAP is supposed to go up (?) and is that going to offer us any relief or increased wiggle room?

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Make us better Gute.

You assume both can't happen. I assume they can. 

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Hoping we can grab one of the mid-tier WR's available in FA. Some depth at that position would definitely help. Someone similar to Kirksey who has decent potential to bounce back on a short-term contract.

Who you thinking at WR there?

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Who you thinking at WR there?

Oh I have no idea to be honest. Have not looked at the FA market that much. Was just making more of a generalized statement. I doubt Gute wants to spend too much in FA giving our impending FA signings for 21-22. So just thinking maybe he takes a chance on a WR to bounce back. Similar to what he did with Kirksey and Wagner.

• Like 1