2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Is it notable that we haven't released Taylor yet? Obviously we may be trying to trade him, but if that isn't the case, does the fact that we're still holding on to him signal that a release is unlikely? Some would argue that cutting a veteran before the start of FA is the "right thing" to do.

DL wise, there are still a lot of guys out there...top of my head.  Snacks Harrison.  Joseph.  Vernon Butler (6'4'' 325 pounds).  A'Shawn Robinson.  Suh.  McCoy.  Phillips.  Collins.  Sheldon.  Reader.  And there are others.  You simply play the waiting game and see who doesn't get the big deal that they want, then swoop in.

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Is it notable that we haven't released Taylor yet? Obviously we may be trying to trade him, but if that isn't the case, does the fact that we're still holding on to him signal that a release is unlikely? Some would argue that cutting a veteran before the start of FA is the "right thing" to do.

It will probably depend how the rest of the off-season plays out. If they need the money to go get somebody, they'll cut him. If they don't, he's a solid enough backup or even a midseason trade candidate to a team that suffers an injury.

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Couple things....I think you are right that there could be a trade there.  Why?  Because Taylor is a decent guard and that contract has value.  Even as a backup in GB.

But...if we are seriously in the running for a higher end free agent and need money, he's gone.  I think we are playing a little bit of the waiting game there.  Gotta see how free agency shakes out.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

DL wise, there are still a lot of guys out there...top of my head.  Snacks Harrison.  Joseph.  Vernon Butler (6'4'' 325 pounds).  A'Shawn Robinson.  Suh.  McCoy.  Phillips.  Collins.  Sheldon.  Reader.  And there are others.  You simply play the waiting game and see who doesn't get the big deal that they want, then swoop in.

Snacks would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Snacks would be perfect.

He's the guy that I'm thinking could be have for a relative bargain.  He's older.  And offer almost no pass rush.  So yah, he fits the "Howard Green" mold.

I hold out hope for A'Shawn Robinson.  I think he's just scratching the surface of his potential.  He would pair up nicely with Kenny.

• Like 1

Ben Fennell -

WR Devin Duvernay - Texas

5104 200lbs
4.39 40
2015 6A 100m Champ

105 slot catches & 68 1st down conversations in 2019 (both 2nd in FBS)

Slot WR, Thick Frame
Tough YAC
Sharp, Sudden Routes
Reliable Hands
Adjustments/Junk Catcher
Gadget Roles
Speed, Speed, Speed!

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Malcolm Jenkins for a year or two to replace Tramon as the vet in the room? I honestly didn't watch enough Philly to know what he's got left, bit his numbers last year were impressive and that's a good guy to have in the room for Alexander, King, Savage.

Make it happen!

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Malcolm Jenkins for a year or two to replace Tramon as the vet in the room? I honestly didn't watch enough Philly to know what he's got left, bit his numbers last year were impressive and that's a good guy to have in the room for Alexander, King, Savage.

I like Malcolm.  Tough guy.  Leader.  Smart.

I don't know if he covered much the past few years, but if we are going to play zone, I can see him back there.

Thought, though, that he was pretty vocal about wanting more money last year.  For whatever that is worth.