2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

4 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Idk about you guys, but I'd love to see Linval Joseph in a Packers uniform, given the right price. He'd compliment KC nicely and make life easier for our ILBs. 

I wouldn't mind it one bit. I remember saying "I hope we're one of the teams looking at him" before the Vikes signed him. It also wouldn't cost us a comp pick.

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Maliek Collins from Dallas is who I would really like to see and Joseph from the Vikes. If we could get those two I think we are set to go heavy offence in the draft.

Don't know who's still there for DL in free agency.  Got to be 1-2 guys left that would be upgrades regardless.  Joseph would be one I'd think (and a Viking subtraction).

At this point Joseph is just a plus run plug. If he was anything else he would still be a Viking. On the other hand he's 6'4-1/2

Collins doesn't get you as much in the run game, but he actually brings some pass rush. He's also 24 to Joseph's 31. Downside, 6'1-7/8.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Collins get 3/30+ from a team that can play him as a true one gap 3T Gunner.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

At this point Joseph is just a plus run plug. If he was anything else he would still be a Viking. On the other hand he's 6'4-1/2

Collins doesn't get you as much in the run game, but he actually brings some pass rush. He's also 24 to Joseph's 31. Downside, 6'1-7/8.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Collins get 3/30+ from a team that can play him as a true one gap 3T Gunner.

At this point we led the NFL in pass rush win rate, just get me Linval or Snacks Harrison for a year or two so we can stop the run. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m still just flabbergasted about Buckner.  That one just makes no sense to me from the Niners perspective.  Only 25 years old, elite in player...

21 million for that position I think is just way way too much I think.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

At this point we led the NFL in pass rush win rate, just get me Linval or Snacks Harrison for a year or two so we can stop the run. 

Neither of those guys are turning this thing into a plus run defense unless Pettine is willing to put guys in the box. I don't even know if you can get it to average. Smart teams are going to kill us on the ground by hitting the empty gaps. Obviously we could get better by upgrading Lancaster, but upgrading Lancaster to an overall solid player has to make more sense than going with a run plug. 

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Neither of those guys are turning this thing into a plus run defense unless Pettine is willing to put guys in the box. I don't even know if you can get it to average. Smart teams are going to kill us on the ground by hitting the empty gaps. Obviously we could get better by upgrading Lancaster, but upgrading Lancaster to an overall solid player has to make more sense than going with a run plug. 

Just cant go status quo on the DL.  Keep throwing mud against the wall till something sticks. Average run defense is better than bottom 5.  If that doesnt work ... bye bye Pettine.

I think we are playing the comp pick and extend our guys game. With Blake making 10 and Bulaga likely getting the same, that is 2 2021 thirds if we don't sign anyone who wasn't a cut.

Under that assumption, guys we should be throwing out there (not great, but there are some guys);

DL- L Joseph, M Hunt

Rover LB/S- M Barron, M Burnett, 

3rd down rbs D Lewis, D Freeman

TE/WR are complete wastelands.

• Like 1