2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What are we talking here?  Give me a gauge.  Difference between Rice and Owens, or Carter and Moss?  

Im not denying he wasn’t better.  I’m CERTAINLY not saying he won’t BE significantly better.  Just for no real reason, I’m arguing last year.  Long term outlook obviously everyone picks Kirk, but last year I think the disparity between them wasn’t all that great.  

I suppose that's fair. They're not very similar players either so it gets a little off comparing them. Yeah just last year I guess it's not huge or anything.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

They were never going to be able to keep both Armstead and Buckner.  It was just a question of which one they picked.

I don't think it was even a question to anyone else. Everyone assumed Armstead was gone

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

They were never going to be able to keep both Armstead and Buckner.  It was just a question of which one they picked.

I know... my point being that front seven wasn’t going to last. What made them special is going away.

Sure they get a 1st... but does anyone trust Lynch? Everyone said he lucked into the dline with how high they picked year after year.

Their defense won’t be the same.

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Prove to me that Kirk is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Lazard.  If Lazard played the same amount of games and starts, their numbers would be nearly identical.  Rodgers instead of Murray gives Kirk a slight edge.  The disparity between Kirk and Lazard is not remotely similar to that of Adams and Fitzgerald like you want to suggest it is.

Lazard has 3 full yards per catch more than Kirk.  Volume does not make a player better.

Oh boy ... Here we go again.

• Like 1