2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jones, Bakhtiari and Clark will be re-signed before week 8.

The rest we will thank for their time and effort.

King is going to have a hell of a year I bet, but not a hell of a career.  

I'd like to get Clark and King done b4 camp. I think you can get a deal if you do it a year early. I agree on Williams and Linsley but Bak is going to cost a whole lot of money. We don't have King's replacement in the building, but then again we don't have any of their replacements in house. 

I can't pay a RB and Jones is going to get 10 a year if he's even close to the year he had this year. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Someone comfort me, please. I'm bummed about losing Bulaga. I fear we've gone from a Super Bowl contender to a one and done team. 

The difference between a superbowl contender and a one-and-done team has never been the difference between an elite right tackle and a replacement level one.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Someone comfort me, please. I'm bummed about losing Bulaga. I fear we've gone from a Super Bowl contender to a one and done team. 

Come back in Week 6 and ask yourself that. Wagner's annual PFF score mirrored that of Bulaga's before last year. 

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'd like to get Clark and King done b4 camp. I think you can get a deal if you do it a year early. I agree on Williams and Linsley but Bak is going to cost a whole lot of money. We don't have King's replacement in the building, but then again we don't have any of their replacements in house. 

I can't pay a RB and Jones is going to get 10 a year if he's even close to the year he had this year. 

I think we can let King walk. He's been injury-prone which has slowed his development down and has been wildly inconsistent when he's been on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think we can let King walk. He's been injury-prone which has slowed his development down and has been wildly inconsistent when he's been on the field. 

He's a young guy. He has been up and down but he really improved as the year went on. Tough to find a 6'3 CB who can actually cover. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He's a young guy. He has been up and down but he really improved as the year went on. Tough to find a 6'3 CB who can actually cover. 

True, but again: he's been very inconsistent. I just hope we don't pay him a lot of money for that second contract if we take that route.

Just now, Joe said:

True, but again: he's been very inconsistent. I just hope we don't pay him a lot of money for that second contract if we take that route.

I guess I'd give him 10 a year and feel that is a bargain given some of the stuff I've seen these past few days. 

Trade targets: OJ Howard, Njoku

Remaining Interesting Free Agents:
Vernon Butler
A'Shawn Robinson
Jadeveon Clowney 
Andrus Peat
Eric Ebron
Desmond Trufant
Ronald Darby
Eli Apple
Leonard Floyd
Darron Lee
Deone Bucannon

We have failed miserably at the LB/S hybrid position with Oren Burks and Josh Jones. It would not surprise me at all if we look to try and paper over the cracks with Darron Lee or Bucannon.

Peat fits the size and athletic profile that LaFleur likes in his OL. One to watch if he fails to generate interest in FA. Was seen as a tackle prospect coming into the draft but instead played his entire career at left guard.

Ebron age and athleticism makes some sense here for us at TE.

If we want to add speed at corner then Trufant or Darby makes some sense but that likely means moving on from Tramon Williams.

Shoring up our run defence has to be a priority. Butler and Robinson are of good age and might be worth a look but that Lowry contract is looking worse and worse, I think we will have to try and trade him first before we can add another DL.

Not sure why Jadeveon Clowney  has not been signed yet. After spending big coin on the Smith bros there is no chance we will look to sign him.

Take your pick

Dontari Poe – pff 71.2

Snacks – pff 63.2

Beau Allen – pff 72.6 (former badger, historically bad though)

Michael Pierce – pff 69.2

Shelby Harris – pff 76.8

Xavier Williams - pff 31.1 (historically good, had a down year)

Timmy Jernigan – pff 65.9

Austin Johnson – pff 66.1 (former Titan)

A'Shawn Robinson - pff 56.7 but last year had a pff of 89.7

Danny Shelton – pff 71.6

Andrew Billings – pff 69.3

Linval Jospeh – pff 71.2

Corey Liguet – pff 67.5

Derek Wolfe – pff 68.5

Everson Giffen – pff 77.6

Ndamukong Suh – pff 69.3

Gerald McCoy – pff 72.0

Christian Covington – pff 65.7

Adrian Clayborn – pff 71.7

Kerry Hyder – pff 68

Mike Pennel – 72.2

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Trade targets: OJ Howard, Njoku.

No way they're trading Howard now that they have Brady...

...which will probably add a loss to the column unless we can consistently beat their OL.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Not to get too far out in front of things but next year's free agents................

Kenny Clark - RE-SIGN

Kevin King - WALK

David Bakhtiari - WALK

Aaron Jones - WALK/RE-SIGN

Jamaal Williams - WALK

Corey Linsley - WALK

Just off the top of my head! OUCH! 

This better be an offence heavy draft - minimum two tackles, one of them 1st or 2nd rounder. A Centre for sure and a couple of RBs. Alongside a couple of WRs.

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Damn.  Definitely would have given Butler that 2 year, 18 million deal. 

They gotta be in on somebody else ( below is the list that Squire compiled + a few more)

Onyemata
Brockers

Butler
Roy Robertson Harris

Javon Hargrove
Maliek Collins
Jordan Phillips
Jarran Reed
Quenton Jefferson

Gerald McCoy
Derek Wolfe
Shelby Harris