2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

1 minute ago, JQ1 said:

Not to my knowledge. That would be BIG NEWS if it did happen, would it not?

My point is that I’ve seen some forum posts that suggest the Packers can create extra cap space by restructuring Aaron Rodgers’ big dollar contract. That would necessitate Rodgers agreeing to do so. And that AG#20, may not be forthcoming. 

Hopefully that clarifies my initial comment.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/12/27/green-bay-packers-adjust-aaron-rodgers-contract-clear-2020-salary-cap-space/2757814001/

No literally, the Packers restructured Rodgers' contract 4 months ago to clear cap space. They could restructure the roster bonus into a signing bonus, but that would only get them 1.3 million more. 

The Rodgers restructure plan is tapped out for this year. 

l3AgQnT.png

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Id be in on that. Legit chance he'd be our 2nd best back.

I'm a bit meh on him. Denver tried very hard to give him the starting role but he never took it. Lindsay ended up being the main guy.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm a bit meh on him. Denver tried very hard to give him the starting role but he never took it. Lindsay ended up being the main guy.

Did they? They were drafted the same year and they split reps out of the gate 50/50 and Royce's snaps fell off from there. That's not "trying very hard".

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Did they? They were drafted the same year and they split reps out of the gate 50/50 and Royce's snaps fell off from there. That's not "trying very hard".

they really did try again this year to give him at least a time share, but he keeps getting outshined by lindsay.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

They may have split reps at the beginning but Lindsay ran away with it. Then last season, instead of giving Lindsay the starting gig they continued to split reps, not surprisingly Lindsay ended up being the better of the two again.

Its clear they gave Freeman every opportunity but he never took it.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

they really did try again this year to give him at least a time share, but he keeps getting outshined by lindsay.

I'm not saying Lindsey isn't the better back, but he's only had 1 20 touch game in his career and he got 100 yards. This year his high was 15 carries on 4.2 ypc/

Just now, Chili said:

They may have split reps at the beginning but Lindsay ran away with it. Then last season, instead of giving Lindsay the starting gig they continued to split reps, not surprisingly Lindsay ended up being the better of the two again.

Its clear they gave Freeman every opportunity but he never took it.

Again, not saying Lindsay isn't the better back but this isn't a situation like Ekeler where the coaching staff kept him off the field in lieu of the worse guy. Lindsay earned, and got, the carries. They never fed Royce.