The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

Looks to me like Pace is gonna prioritize getting the QB he wants then be a much bigger player in the second wave which makes good sense to me.  There's some wild *** over spending goin' on right now as cap flush teams burn through that.  We can only do so much so much like the draft just be patient and bargain shop guys who are being over looked but who are good fits for what we need.

Pace clearly knows that he needs to spend money on whatever QB he goes for.  I don't necessarily agree with going after the guys that are available but if thats your goal, you can't really go hog wild spending on the top other guys.  This team clearly feels that its a QB away from strong contention.  I'm not surprised by this.  

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Honest question, where are the upgrades coming from at RG and TE?

We have seen significant movement in both markets. We are getting damn close to the replacement level guys.

You can find and start quality OGs in the draft. I'm not worried whatsoever there.

TE, you might be looking at Ebron and a draft pick.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

It's been 5 hours and 24 minutes.

Windy has an agenda so he would not be happy either way.

Pace could have gone hog wild in the first 30 minutes of free agency and Windy would be bitching about how stupid he is for overpaying for players.

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

Bears decided not to spend any of their available salary cap, instead placing the amount in a savings account which will accrue .07% over the course of the next year and will evolve into a pretty decent amount. 

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Windy has an agenda so he would not be happy either way.

Pace could have gone hog wild in the first 30 minutes of free agency and Windy would be bitching about how stupid he is for overpaying for players.

No, I said yesterday that I expected 1 signing on offense if significance outside of QB.

He failed to do that.

No agenda, just ahead of the curve on the fact that Pace is over rated and not very good.

18 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Why do people dislike Carr so much?  Of the potential QB's, I can't think of many who I'd rather have that are actually attainable.  

It's not that I dislike Carr, I just don't think it would make sense to spend that kind of money on a QB who won't see any real significant PT. 

We're strapped on cap space this year. Use this money/draft to build around the QB position. Ride the year out with Mitch, sign a cheaper QB option (Mariota?) for depth, and/or either draft a QB in the 2nd round this year or wait until RD1 next season. 

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No, I said yesterday that I expected 1 signing on offense if significance outside of QB.

And if he overpaid for that player you would be complaining about that. There is an agenda.  

Edited by JustAnotherFan

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's not that I dislike Carr, I just don't think it would make sense to spend that kind of money on a QB who won't see any real significant PT. 

We're strapped on cap space this year. Use this money/draft to build around the QB position. Ride the year out with Mitch, sign a cheaper QB option (Mariota?) for depth, and/or either draft a QB in the 2nd round this year or wait until RD1 next season. 

And if he overpaid for that player you would be complaining about that. There is an agenda.  

Nope. We are in desperate need of a talent upgrade on offense. 

I have been the one advocating to stop worrying about the cap space.