TCMD - FAQ

ny92mike

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Are RFA contracts limited to 1 or 2 years?

Okay...In looking at all of this tracing it back to the rfa workbook there was another error limiting the contract lengths to just 2 years on most of them, so I just fixed that.  There is also a known issue with the tagged players not showing their contract details in the drop down but that info comes from the rfa workbook and something I'll get finished later today.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am sure I a missing this in the FAQ, but if we are attempting to resign a FA of ours, do we use resign in the drop down box or UFA?

You can do both... there is one slot under the Free Agency Bidding tab that is JUST for re-signing a player from your team. (So in essence you get 4 free agency bids - up to 3 bids on players from other teams and 1 bid on a player from your current team. You could hypothetically use all of the bids on your own players if you so chose.)

But you can also put an "in-reserve" bid for your own free agents.

Meaning you put in a contract that you are willing to pay for up to 6 of your own free agents.

IF another team bids on your player, then your "reserve" bid is triggered.

Now if the other team makes a better offer (more $$, more SB $$, etc.) then you may lose that player.

But if your bid is better, the contract that you offered becomes their contract.  (You get a home team 6% bump so if another team's bid is exactly like yours, you will win the player.)

I believe Mike has it set up this year that you can see the impact of the reserve bids on your 2020 & 2021 salary cap (baller addition to workbooks!)

• Like 2

Sorry i have another potentially stupid question.

I am trying to bid on a rfa. 

Do i need to match the APY amount the player is asking for? I know this is the case with Free agents but their requirements drop down each round.

My offer is alot higher than the tender amount but nowhere near the APY player requirement. Would my bid be valid if i am the highest bidder or will it not qualify (seems to be the case now) because i have not offered the request?

I have offered the preferred contract length.

1 hour ago, mountainpd said:

Do i need to match the APY amount the player is asking for? I know this is the case with Free agents but their requirements drop down each round.

My offer is alot higher than the tender amount but nowhere near the APY player requirement. Would my bid be valid if i am the highest bidder or will it not qualify (seems to be the case now) because i have not offered the request?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need to exceed the APY value

You need to match the higher number 

Not a stupid question. If you look at the workbook, initially you put in the player, years, and signing bonus. At the top are the Column Letters. Colum T is base salary. Enter the base salary you want to.offer there otherwise itll be the signing bonus + vet min.

I asked mike the same question last night.

4 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

At what point do we post UFA bids? I have filled out my first round of bids on free agents in my transaction book. 

or do we just leave them in the work books and Saturday Mike goes through each teams transaction books?

2nd one.   You won’t need to do anything besides but them in and make sure they’re valid.  Mike will pull all at the end of each round and send out a notification with winning/losing bids 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mountainpd said:

You have to meet each element of the contract, length, apy, signing bonus, etc 

I have found that typically you dont have to get crazy with offers at low cost tenders (4-5M or less). When you get up into the 17+ range it gets crazy 

Edited by wwhickok

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You have to meet each element of the contract, length, apy, signing bonus, etc 

I have found that typically you dont have to get crazy with offers at low cost tenders (4-5M or less). When you get up into the 17+ range it gets crazy 

Is just like any other contract offer for a UFA. You can offer whatever you want, the other team that will need to match your offer if want to retain the player.

2016 Denver put an original offer for C.J. Anderson and he signed an offer sheet for 4 year and 18M total. 2M per year more than the tender.