Kareem Hunt - Cited for Speeding

brooks1957

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you get done for speeding how come a cop gets to search your car?

Corruption (sorry, not a shot at all cops or anything, favorite posters Nate and Pines, but it's true in a lot of cases). Happens all the time. Happened to multiple folks Tayne knows. Happened to Tayne's brother and Tayne. It's a stereotype for a reason. 

We even had the cops admit they shouldn't really even have pulled over but for California plates, more on a technicality, held us up for over thirty minutes, intimidated, drug dog and the whole deal. We appear straight-laced and are well-spoken fwiw. They separated us, brought in multiple units, and even cuffed Tayne while questioning. The $30 or so ticket (North Dakota--weird huh) that they eventually apologized for "having to give" put a point on record so cost hundreds. And no, there was absolutely nothing more to the story being left out that would cause such a to-do.

And quotas are still on the books in most states last Tayne checked, as well as there being soft quotas reported even in some illegal states--easy to Google. That encourages police to go harder after people and practically invent infractions. That pressure to raise x amount of money encourages predatory behavior.

And then we have the potential for trained drug dogs making false positives so the officer can violate rights and search anyway. There are plenty of YouTube videos catching it and mainstream sources have reported on it plenty. It's easy to do. This particular case we have no idea about (and unless Hunt appeared clearly appeared impaired, which it doesn't sound like he was or else we'd have heard, well, it sounds like b.s. ethically). He was speeding, but so what?

Most of our officers do their best at a very challenging job and don't create these rules, but some of this is just corruption, plain and simple--just the verifiable facts here, not a sweeping indictment against all police by any means.

Edited by NudeTayne
R.I.P. Tayne

@NudeTayne

Charlatan, I've sent your previous post(s) in to HUAC.

I did it for love and country.

I did it because we built it, and I'm a true patriot.

I'm an us. Some of the stuff you said was us. Then, in the same post you were starting to sound like a them.

I pray thee good 'morrow and mercy from our Dear Leader McCarthy... fare thee well.. let thine reprogramming commence.

chYYzkG.png

-----------------

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Hidden compartments are a felony in Ohio fwiw.

A poorly done hidden compartment is a felony.  My well done hidden compartments remain hidden.

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

A weed charge is an MM, that’s basically not getting charged anymore in Ohio. 

That’s a lot of leg work to avoid a slap on the wrist.

Stop crapping on my investments.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Most of our officers do their best at a very challenging job and don't create these rules, but some of this is just corruption, plain and simple--just the verifiable facts here, not a sweeping indictment against all police by any means.

Heres what happened; cop sees a speeder. Cop smells weed. Cop searches car and FINDS what he smelled. Cop doesnt even cite for the weed. Thats it. How does that lead you to the conclusion of “corruption”?

this is 2 off the field stories in a row now where people have to throw in their personal gripes about police backed up with “facts” which are nothing more than skewed and exaggerated personal experience and crap they read on the internet.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

Heres what happened; cop sees a speeder. Cop smells weed. Cop searches car and FINDS what he smelled. Cop doesnt even cite for the weed. Thats it. How does that lead you to the conclusion of “corruption”?

this is 2 off the field stories in a row now where people have to throw in their personal gripes about police backed up with “facts” which are nothing more than skewed and exaggerated personal experience and crap they read on the internet.

this would get 100 likes from me if it could

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

You just weren't able to process my statements as they were laid out.

1.) I never made any claims as to whether or not police actually smelled anything in Kareem's situation. How could I know if I wasn't there?

2.) I did however make the claim that whether or not they actually did "smell marijuana" is not relevant as "smelling marijuana" amongst other things always serves as routine pretense for search and seizure justification, and that Kareem must know that and wisely adjust accordingly. Hence the, "they're always going to 'smell marijuana," line previously stated.

3.) It's not a baseless accusation at all, but instead based in decades upon decades of human life experience data with search and seizure, as well as investigative reporting and even organizational self-reports of search and seizure policing strategies that go back many decades.

They’re always going to “smell marijuana” makes it pretty Clear what your stance is as well as your allusion to riding around with people trying to hide weed in their car. 

Make the argument you’re too scared to make or stop talking about things you don’t know anything about. I know that will be hard because it LITERALLY sounds like your life’s work to do so.

Enlighten me about police misconduct related to narcotic searches. I beg you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Corruption (sorry, not a shot at all cops or anything, favorite posters Nate and Pines, but it's true in a lot of cases). Happens all the time. Happened to multiple folks Tayne knows. Happened to Tayne's brother and Tayne. It's a stereotype for a reason. 

We even had the cops admit they shouldn't really even have pulled over but for California plates, more on a technicality, held us up for over thirty minutes, intimidated, drug dog and the whole deal. We appear straight-laced and are well-spoken fwiw. They separated us, brought in multiple units, and even cuffed Tayne while questioning. The $30 or so ticket (North Dakota--weird huh) that they eventually apologized for "having to give" put a point on record so cost hundreds. And no, there was absolutely nothing more to the story being left out that would cause such a to-do.

And quotas are still on the books in most states last Tayne checked, as well as there being soft quotas reported even in some illegal states--easy to Google. That encourages police to go harder after people and practically invent infractions. That pressure to raise x amount of money encourages predatory behavior.

And then we have the potential for trained drug dogs making false positives so the officer can violate rights and search anyway. There are plenty of YouTube videos catching it and mainstream sources have reported on it plenty. It's easy to do. This particular case we have no idea about (and unless Hunt appeared clearly appeared impaired, which it doesn't sound like he was or else we'd have heard, well, it sounds like b.s. ethically). He was speeding, but so what?

There’s one thing you’re failing to take into account. 99.9% of officers are too lazy to do any of what you’re purporting here.

I laugh at ideas about conspiracies where police leadership are exciting their officers into a frenzy of speeding tickets and car searches. When the reality is a sergeant during roll call will plead with his officers to do stuff during the shift while they’re sitting in back of the room like this 😴 😴 😴 

Nude, what you’re describing here is a pretext stop. You were stopped by the police because you were traveling on a highway determined to be a drug trafficking route and they thought you were transporting drugs. Seems sleazy but it’s been upheld in the Supreme Court. By law, there is nothing wrong with this. They wrote you a ticket and did all the other things they did to justify the time it took For them to run the dog around your car while simultaneously conducting the business of the stop. They searched you, found nothing, felt stupid and let you go. 

I definitely agree with with anyone that there ARE corrupt police officers. It is A very tiny percentage and they almost always work alone in their illegal activity. 

Edited by pnies20

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@NudeTayne

Charlatan, I've sent your previous post(s) in to HUAC.

I did it for love and country.

I did it because we built it, and I'm a true patriot.

I'm an us. Some of the stuff you said was us. Then, in the same post you were starting to sound like a them.

I pray thee good 'morrow and mercy from our Dear Leader McCarthy... fare thee well.. let thine reprogramming commence.

chYYzkG.png

-----------------

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You're a total hat sometimes, but, agreed.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

It’ll get found. Trust me. They will also seize your car.

Im obviously just kidding.

I do have “secret” compartments under the rear floor mat of my truck (ram).  I’m sure most cops and truck guys know about them, but I’m guessing plenty of smash and grab type schmucks may not.  

I also modded the retaining device on my rear back seat to allow it to fold forward, which they don’t do from the factory.

As such:

Nothing secret, but enough to keep things out of view of plain sight.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

There’s one thing you’re failing to take into account. 99.9% of officers are too lazy to do any of what you’re purporting here.

You're generalizing based on your experience. It was brought up before, but maybe this are just different where you live and is your bubble. Will go with the firsthand and many secondhand--friends and then also videos (that are clear as day, often leading to the officer getting in trouble only because it was filmed). No, my friends and family funny benefit from concocting these stories. No one is saying it's everyone or even the majority, but don't act like quotas don't happen or that MANY police are abusing their powers. Quotas are unethical. Using weak rationale to search people's cars is unethical. Police are not supposed to be against their people like some foreign military.

I laugh at ideas about conspiracies where police leadership are exciting their officers into a frenzy of speeding tickets and car searches.

Strawman. Why exaggerate what was being said to make it sound conspiratorial? Officers who don't give "enough" citations can and do have it held against them in many cases. Quotas are not a conspiracy. They are not illegal in most states. They should be illegal in all states. It has nothing to do with doing a good job, just extortion on the people and pressure to greatly financially impact folks often over splitting hairs. That is not what police are for.

Source: live in a drug-ridden city where the police spend all day giving traffic tickets--can see them parked all over in their speed traps (in before others say Tayne is a speeder and projecting. Nope. Clean record.)--and police here have even told Tayne "can't really do much about the drugs, as it's an epidemic here". 🤷‍♂️ But they're frequently searching cars on the side of the road 🤔.

When the reality is a sergeant during roll call will plead with his officers to do stuff during the shift while they’re sitting in back of the room like this 😴 😴 😴 

Agreed. It's probably mostly like this most of the time. But that's a discipline problem with folks who wield a lot of power.  But again, there should be no quota allowed, and yes it is in most places. 

Nude, what you’re describing here is a pretext stop. You were stopped by the police because you were traveling on a highway determined to be a drug trafficking route and they thought you were transporting drugs. Seems sleazy but it’s been upheld in the Supreme Court.

Well yeah, of course this is what happened. And it is clearly unethical. And no, they didn't THINK that we were transporting; they HOPED we were, as they had really no reason to pull us over and had two different officers mention how we were from California. "That drug trafficking route" you speak of us the main way everyone in our our of state travels. This conversation right now seems parallel...

And it seems sleazy because it IS sleazy. It is corruption. Younger brother was traumatized by the way we were treated and it ruined our entire road trip. It really did. Screw the supreme court acting unethically in order to make part of the job easier sometimes at the expense of MOST--most because most getting pulled over and treated this way WITH NO TRUE PROBABLE CAUSE are innocent--people. Source: reality.

By law, there is nothing wrong with this. They wrote you a ticket and did all the other things they did to justify the time it took For them to run the dog around your car while simultaneously conducting the business of the stop. They searched you, found nothing, felt stupid and let you go. 

Except they intimidated and held us up (it was well over 30 minutes, multiple cop cars, cuffed, separated, searched with no hit, acted suspiciously/distrustfully toward, done in the eyes of all the passerbys) with no reason and people in here need to stop acting intentionally obtuse like this is some rarity. They didn't pay for our time that they stole but got to be paid handsomely for stealing it.

That's the point. The law is corrupt in many ways with what it allows. That doesn't justify bad behavior by those who are supposed to be protecting us with those guns instead of acting subtly menacing.

It's not all about the officers who choose to benefit from unethical parts of the law but the law itself at its core in some places. Most laws match ethics, but not all laws on the books live up to ethics. Justifying bad ethics with laws that benefit police doesn't really work. 

I definitely agree with with anyone that there ARE corrupt police officers. It is A very tiny percentage and they almost always work alone in their illegal activity. 

Maybe it's not as small as you think since so many have these "anecdotal" stories (at what point are they allowed to be considered not anecdotal? Perhaps "slightly systemic" might be a more accurate way to describe.).

There are the kinds of officers you seem to be hinting at, the ones who steal people's personal affects, for example. And then there are the myriad others who use unjust laws to do things like search a car based on pretending (or even believing they smell cannabis).

On its face, this is poor reasoning, not just because it's weed but because it's irrelevant if the driver does not appear impaired. It's a golden ticket to search with hope of seizure.

Cannabis does not strongly causate to narcotics so IS NOT ETHICAL to use as a blanket means to search. One should not be looking to ruin lives. Even in states where cannabis is still a felony--corruption through and through--it makes no sense to charge that person so aggressively and possibly take their vehicle. Yes it is the law and that is a big problem. This is the entire point of the last post. We've been conditioned to accept this common occurrence (like those justifying the "smelled liked weed so searched. What's the problem?" like it's reasonable. No one should be searching a car if they smell weed. If impairment is reasonably suspected, that is where a sobriety test is administered, not a vehicle search that would prove nothing about the driver's ability to drive safely. Our system is out of touch with the heart of what it is supposed to be even going for here.

"Cop code" (personally don't even blame the loyalty amongst cops to other cops on any way, as it makes reasonable sense to be loyal to coworkers who are probably friends, but let's not act like it doesn't exist..."all these bad actors acting on their own"--poor narrative) is obvious in the many videos with false hits where the other officer(s) collectively condescend/act inhumanly toward innocent people. It's clear on the videos where people try to make complaints about officers and are again intimidated when they go into the station.

Most of you are heros, but the problems folks have are legitimate. You and other good cops shouldn't get crapped on for others who don't honor the badge, but that was never being said.

Edited by NudeTayne
R.I.P. Tayne

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you get done for speeding how come a cop gets to search your car?

If they have probable cause they can search it.  I think more than likely the cop smelled pot and got Kareem to consent to a search.  Sometimes it's not a bad idea to just cooperate with the officer because they won't always charge you if you cooperate like Kareem (maybe did), but you are kinda rolling the dice.

I have some lawyer acquaintances who don't think you should even roll the window down all the way when you're pulled over let alone ever let a cop search your car without a warrant.  I think that they also are speaking from a place where they know they have the resources to legally deal with being a giant pain in the a** to a cop.

I could be off base but that's been my understanding of that situation.  He probably had weak legal ground to do it but if he gets your consent (even if they bluff you into thinking they are going to search it either way) they are totally clear to do a search.

• Like 1