spilltray

Aaron Jones contract: What do you do?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Plans for Aaron Jones?

• EXTEND HIM NOW!
    • Make a good long term offer in season
    • Franchise tag 2021
    • Leaves in FA after this season

Aaron Jones had 2 drops on the season and a catch percentage of 72.  Lol.  That means 25% of his targets weren't even catchable. 

Trying to tell me it's not an issue like...

this-is-fine.0.jpg

It gets ridiculous.  Just as ridiculous as you trying to tell us all Gunter would be fine.  He's not the issue. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It is an issue and you know it. 

Quit lying and then acting high and mighty when I point it out. 

It's a ****ing issue. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it stopped being a mismatch when they put a DB on him after KC. Huge advantage for you when a team puts a DB on your RB, but we had no TE or slot WR to take advantage.

• Like 1

Just now, spilltray said:

Teams changed how they were covering him because there weren't the WR to make them stop.

Did you read anything about what I just said?

25 of Aaron's 49 receptions came when Davante Adams was out. 
You're telling me teams struggled to cover Graham, Lazard, MVS and Allison so much they couldn't cover Jones? 

You're buying into Ray's absolute ********.  ONE TEAM tried covering Jones with linebackers.  One game.  That was the Chiefs. 

Have we all forgotten the game (because I forgot which game it was) where Rodgers missed Jones on literally two passes he was wide open for?  Just chucked it over his head?

It is a BS type narrative to say Rodgers stopped throwing to Jones because Jones started getting covered or teams stopped using linebackers on him.  They didn't.

Four weeks ago Rodgers missed 18 passes.  He had to attempt 55 ****ing passes to beat the Lions in the final game of the season. 

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/29/packers-overcome-erratic-day-from-aaron-rodgers-to-clinch-first-round-bye/

Jesus, we're already back to Rodgers isn't the issue again. 

Just now, spilltray said:

Teams changed how they were covering him because there weren't the WR to make them stop.

Like seriously are you serious with this?  Are you honestly going to sit there and convince yourself that teams suddenly just got ****ing stupid with Davante Adams out? 

We scored 32.5 points per game with Adams out and Jones had 25 of his 49 season receptions for a four game stretch.

Are you honestly going to sit there and try to convince yourself that for four straight weeks teams just decided to literally crap inside their own skull and be like well let's not cover the running back who is on a roll and instead cover ****ing Allison and Lazard and Graham and MVS.

FOR FOUR STRAIGHT ****ING WEEKS?

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH MODS.  THEY SAY SOMETHING AND IT TURNS INTO FACT CONTRARY TO ALL EVIDENCE AGAINST IT.

WE DID NOT STOP THROWING TO RUNNING BACKS BECAUSE TEAMS DECIDED TO START COVERING AARON JONES MORE WHEN DAVANTE ADAMS CAME BACK.

HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ANYONE?

I AM GOING TO HAVE A GODDAMN BRAIN ANEURYSM HERE! 

I need to step away from this site for today.  Too many people here are allergic to common sense and deductive skills.  Lol, teams started covering Aaron Jones more and Davante Adams less.  I wouldn't want an outbreak of thinking to occur some of you might not make it. 

@AlexGreen#20 I would literally pay you 100 dollars if you went through every game last season to show the following:

1. Every time Rodgers throws a ball 5 yards over Aaron’s head.

2. Every time he didn’t throw to a wide open Jones/Williams.

No I wouldn’t.  It would be worthless.  Excuses would flow in like a plague of locusts.

”it’s clear Rodgers had the sun in his eyes here.”

”if Rodgers throws that and Jones doesn’t catch it and it bounces off his hands it could be intercepted.”

”it was first and 10 there and that play would only have gained 6 yards.  Better to throw incomplete.”