Aaron Jones contract: What do you do?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Plans for Aaron Jones?

• EXTEND HIM NOW!
    • Make a good long term offer in season
    • Franchise tag 2021
    • Leaves in FA after this season

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Madden 101.  I did this.  It's fun having a really fast fullback who can run the ball.  X-Factor. 

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the packers value williams at? Could he be the feature back if AJ does decide to leave. Obviously Williams shouldn't be asking that much to resign and he already knows the system. 

6 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the packers value williams at? Could he be the feature back if AJ does decide to leave. Obviously Williams shouldn't be asking that much to resign and he already knows the system. 

Feature back ... no .. he'd average about 3.5 yards per carry if given a major load.  He's decent in a situational role, but doesn't have the goods for high quality full time duty.

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am seriously depressed at what I just learned.  

Aaron Jones had 49 receptions on the season, only 15 in the final 8 games.  That is inexcusable.  Absolutely inexcusable.  He had 5 against the Niners in the championship loss.  Only ONE TARGET IN THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF.  

How many times do I have to bring this **** up about Rodgers?  The same damn thing happened against the Falcons, too.  He starts so ****ing slowly against these teams because...

Aaron Jones is an MVP for any other QB in this league and yet we’ve got Rodgers with a ****ing RB allergy at 36 years old.

Lol we had 91 receptions by a RB this year. That's 5.75 a game. Stop.

7 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

No I don't think Williams has value as a guy you feature in the offense.  If he was the main guy I think he's probably maxing out at what you saw Carlos Hyde do this year as a runner.  His main value is in pass protection and being somewhat capable at all aspects of the position.  Kind of the perfect backup, except you know he's just a backup.  He's the RB equivalent of having drew stanton as your backup QB.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Feature back ... no .. he'd average about 3.5 yards per carry if given a major load.  He's decent in a situational role, but doesn't have the goods for high quality full time duty.

But he is the best pass protector.......and that comes from Gute.

He is very well liked in the locker room, apparently, having a happy nature. He is a decent (not great) runner, catches well and as previously mentioned is a good blocker.

I think he is one of those rare guys who may not be worth a particularly high wage, but one that is worth more than at first appears. He could tote the rock fairly well if called on for a while to be the no.1, due to injury or whatever, but he isn't what you'd want long-term as the primary RB. As a complementary back he is good.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Lol, numbers without context.  Stop.  You're sounding like an Arthur. 

Let's throw a little context into your condescending cocktail, scarecrow:

First half (8 games):

Williams - 25 receptions.
Jones - 34 receptions.
Vitale - 6 receptions
Total - 65 first half receptions.

Second half (8 games):
Williams - 14 receptions
Jones - 15 receptions
Vitale - 1 reception
Total - 30 receptions

27 points per game in the first 8 weeks of the season.
17 points per game in the final 8 weeks of the season. 

Twice the receptions by running backs in the first half, strange how we scored 10 more points per game. 

Let's also look at a couple key games:

Chargers game - 2 passes to running backs in the first half.  Passes, not completions. 
Niners game - 2 passes to running backs in the first half.  Passes, not completions. 

Games without Davante Adams:

Jones - 25 receptions

Isn't it strange how over half of Aaron's receptions in a 16 game season came in the quarter of games Adams was out?  I find that strange.

How many points did we score in the 4 games without Adams? 

32.5 points per game in 4 games without Davante Adams.
20.5 points per game in 12 games WITH Adams. 

QUIT TELLING ME TO STOP WHEN I'M RIGHT.

AARON RODGERS DOES NOT THROW TO RUNNING BACKS ENOUGH

UNLESS HE HAS ZERO OTHER OPTIONS

AND WHEN HE HAS ZERO OTHER OPTIONS

OUR OFFENSE IS BETTER THAN WHEN IT HAS ADAMS

BECAUSE AARON RODGERS DOESN'T THROW TO ANYBODY ELSE

I'm literally angry at you for this.  Don't talk to me for a while.  You know I'm right.  I just proved you wrong. 

25 ****ing receptions out of 49 in 4 games for Jones.  All four of those games were without Davante  Adams.  Half his ****ing receptions.  Don't sit there and tell me it's not an issue. 

I'm going to show you Aaron's numbers in his 4 games without Davante Adams:

Better yet I'm just going to show you his yards per attempt each week of the season.  See if you can find where he had to play in the offense instead of playing let's see how ****ing long I can stare down Adams before I have to take a sack. 

THESE ARE YARDS PER ATTEMPT:

8.0 (Adams goes out at the end here)
Adams comes back here:
3.2 LOL

13 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

But he is the best pass protector.......and that comes from Gute.

He is very well liked in the locker room, apparently, having a happy nature. He is a decent (not great) runner, catches well and as previously mentioned is a good blocker.

I think he is one of those rare guys who may not be worth a particularly high wage, but one that is worth more than at first appears. He could tote the rock fairly well if called on for a while to be the no.1, due to injury or whatever, but he isn't what you'd want long-term as the primary RB. As a complementary back he is good.

If thats the case, can you explain to me why? From what I've read so far on here is that he isn't going to be the guy that runs for over 1500 yards or score lots of TD, which would drive his price way up, so he would stay relatively cheap. If the packers go out and draft a guy, does really well, demands more money, then we are in the same boat. If Williams stays healthy for a long period of time, why not make him the guy, let him rush for his 700-900 yards per year.

It's not an issue. Next year we'll have better WRs and TEs and it will be less than 91 receptions. 

Once teams stopped putting their LBs on Jones and used a slot CB or S, there was absolutely no advantage to gain by force feeding him passes.

It is an issue and you know it. 

Quit lying and then acting high and mighty when I point it out. 

It's a ****ing issue. 

There is no "easy" answer here.  Jones is a tough one.  Lower round pick.   Developed nicely into a weapon.  We limited his usage, kept him healthy and he was a difference maker in our offense.

Offense is worse without him, no doubt.

I'm actually good with anything GB does with him.  I don't want to pay a RB large dollars, but he is a very nice player to have.  And the mileage isn't too bad on those tires.

But I'm still looking to draft one relatively early in the draft.  There's a lot to like in this RB class.

I'd keep him this year, draft a good looking RB to pair with him and move on with 2020.  See how he reacts.  Trade him if necessary or if the rookie looks that good.