42 years ago today.........

brooks1957

Was the great Blizzard of '78 that blanketed most of the United States.

What are some of your memories or stories of that day?

I was just just a young pup then, living at home and fresh out of college. I was bound and determined I was going to make it to work that day via my beat to crap '72 Toyota Corona. I had to show the bosses what a go getter I was............

Until my brothers snuck out and stole the rotor out of my distributor cap. They really did me a favor that day.

Yours?

https://fox8.com/2020/01/25/a-doozy-of-a-storm-viewers-share-their-amazing-memories-photos-from-blizzard-of-78/

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I bet you ate a lot of PB&J’s and scrambled eggs. 😂 

Yeah I think it was probably all PB&J I doubt he cooked anything. PB&J is all I can think of him ever making for himself.

Cereal for breakfast PB&J for lunch and dinner would be my guess. Maybe bologna sandwiches.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

I remember snow nearly up to the second floor windows of our apartment, being unable to open the front door because of it and eating potato soup and fried potatoes until it came out our ears because was all we had in the house lol. Still do not like potato soup or fried -potatoes to this day due to that :) Guess it traumatized me lol. Being young those few days seemed like  they stretched on for weeks.

and was 9 as well but do remember it!

Edited by pscottdai

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you greatly overestimate the average age on this board if you’re expecting a discussion of memories from 42 years ago. 😂 

C’mon boomers, tell us your stories.  @big poppa pump @sonny44 @Bucketheadsdad

@ReggieCamp might be an old too, but not certain.

There, I did my part.

Don't start with this "Boomer" crap.  That is unless you know what squadron I served in when I was in the Navy.Image result for va-165 boomers"

Yes....That WAS my squadron.

Now, let me finish putting the new batteries in my hearing aids, take my pills, and apply this week's "Just For Men" gray treatment.  

OK......Now what were we talking about?

Oh yeah.....the blizzard of 78.

Born and raised (and still live in Sandusky).....I do remember missing a week of school.  (My freshman year of HS.  You do the math.....and.....)Image result for taken gif"

I remember sledding (not using sleds with rails) off of my grandparents roof.  Lots of shoveling, although I think my dad did have a snowblower, which I wasn't allowed to use.  I was also working for our local Chamber of Commerce, and my job was to plow the sidewalks of the downtown Sandusky business district.  That took forever.  

Image result for pepperidge farm remembers gif"

Now.......

Image result for get off my lawn gif"

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I had no idea you were an old too!!!

Congrats on using the internet. ;) 

If I wasn't as old as I am and have fond memories of us actually being a respectable, winning franchise in the Sipe and Kosar days, I'd get a lot more done during my Sundays in the fall and winter (and have a lot lower blood pressure). My hats off to the young'uns who chose this masochistic route.

• Like 6