Pro Bowl GDT

Malfatron

WIlson should have won MVP over Jackson. He's clearly the more precise passer. Jackson was helped by his offense and defense a lot more. The sacks and fumbles Wilson took show he had less help on the line.  Waiting for Bill Polian and the PFF grades to set this right.

This is completely a joke. If you read this and think I'm making any kind of point, please check yourself.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

I enjoy the skill games throughout the week leading up to the PB. I think it makes for good viewing. I agree with everyone else that the game is dull and could do without.

Agreed. Expand on the skills challenges and include something where they can compete against athletes of other sports or fans who win contests.

Let's see an everyday fan compete in throwing, running, etc. While we're at it, just bring back Pros vs Joes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Pro Bowl needs to die. It isn't even close to what the real game of football is and half the players there don't deserve the trip. Send the game back to Hawaii too 

I don’t get why there’s so much hate for it.  Sure it’s not very close to the intensity of a regular season game but it’s just for fun.  As a kid I always got a kick out of seeing guys like Joe Montana throwing passes to Sterling Sharpe. Let the guys have some fun and celebrate together.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Nah, man. Voice your opinion. Just make sure you're doing it in a respectful manner. I've had times where I've failed to do so as well, but re-reading and seeing how something can be taken the wrong way is worth the few extra moments before posting. I appreciate you clarifying it wasn't your intention.

Awfully sensitive there buckwheat

You're the one who's grandstanding and being condescending

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Pro Bowl needs to die. It isn't even close to what the real game of football is and half the players there don't deserve the trip. Send the game back to Hawaii too 

just put an end to this. I watched 3 highlights, and once again they are mailing it in. Forget this game. I thought  normal 2019 nfl was bad enough, but this is the worst. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t get why there’s so much hate for it.  Sure it’s not very close to the intensity of a regular season game but it’s just for fun.  As a kid I always got a kick out of seeing guys like Joe Montana throwing passes to Sterling Sharpe. Let the guys have some fun and celebrate together.  

The difference was, players were actually tackled to the ground, hit, there was some semblance of actual Tackle Football.  The crap going on now is a joke! Just play Flag Football and call it a day?

I understand no one wants to be that guy who accidentally injures another but was that not the case the past 4 decades as well? When real Pro Bowls were earned and Played?

The Pro Bowl "USED" to be an Honor ,something every Player strived to achieve by seasons end, If not in the SB. Now they treat it like a inconvenience. 3rd, 4th and 5th string options being named as replacements. 

Its kinda like the MLB All Star Game in the sense they too had to make it "Something to play for" in order for it to be real again. Home field advantage!

Problem is you can't do that here because its affecting one game not potentially 7. Includes Players whose seasons are over,  Not in the SB rather then those with something to play for in MLB with a shot?

As crappy as the product is right now people are still tuning in to get their 2nd to last NFL Fix! So the NFL is still making Money, which is all they truly care about anyways. 

It should be removed for a few years but it will never happen!

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Pro Bowl "USED" to be an Honor ,something every Player strived to achieve by seasons end, If not in the SB. Now they treat it like a inconvenience. 3rd, 4th and 5th string options being named as replacements. 

I think that's a little too far. Top tier players still appreciate the opportunity to go there and celebrate and butt heads with the other top players at their profession. I think the young guys like Lamar and Watson really enjoyed being there and HOF champions like Brees and Wilson showed up too. I definitely think we are seeing less of players declining the invite than we did a few years ago. I didn't see position that got down very far down the replacement path. Who was the replacement who didn't deserve to be there this year?

Edited by wackywabbit

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The crap going on now is a joke! Just play Flag Football and call it a day?

the pro bowl might be the way the nfl is 10 years from now. It's nearing the end  with how these players can't tackle anymore anyways

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

exactly, players were legit and wanted to prove they belong. Now, I can see not allowing a Gastineau vs Esiason incident, but at least still tackle. Watch a scab game from 1987, it's much better than the pro bowl of today (other than the pass and catch of today)