Gophers World Mafia, Game Over, Reporters & Town Win

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I may have missed why there was an argument about woz playing a previous gm 

Pickle suggested that a mafia player posting the names of all his teammates in a fit of frustration is a scenario comparable to a player (that didn't sign up for a game) posting his role PM to get out of the game (that he didn't sign up for).

The second half of the point was referring to Woz in South Pole mafia, and the way Pickle represented what Woz did was full of wild inaccuracies so I couldn't help but point them out.

It really has nothing to do with this game at all. 

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sweetness, what's on the menu? What sort of alcohol is going to be served? My best friends wedding (15+ years ago) I was a groomsmen - I didn't want to be a best man because that involves more work (best man speech and crap) so this worked out for me. Day of, we started to drink early, just putting down a bunch of JW Black Label in between groomsmen pics. 

Rewind a bit - night before the wedding, we had what's called a mylanchi for the groom. It's kind of a traditional prayer meeting for the bride and groom. The bride's mylanchi is cereal business, where they get their henna stuff on their hands and stuff. Guys, we just get drunk and eat. So, that night we find out that open bar at the wedding would get shut down right when everyone gets to their seats and the reception starts. Not a good thing, so all the groomsmen put in $50 to buy a big bottle of JW Blue Label and to hide it underneath the table. One of the bridesmaids who came by to say hello says "that's a great idea" and puts in $100 for a bottle of Grey Goose. I run to the local Specs, pick up the bottles, drive to where the reception is going to be, and strategically hide the Blue and Goose. 

So, back to the big day - we're getting hammered around 10am. Get to church, sober up during the service, get into the limo and start to drink again. I mean, heavy "are we celebrating or do we have a drinking problem" kinda drinking. We get to the reception area, go to the back area where we continue drinking and waiting to make our entrance.

Our entrances are to music, and the bride/groom pick "It's not Unusual" by Tom Jones as my walk in music with Jessica, one of the bridesmaids. This song is picked because I look like Carlton Banks and can do a PERFECT Carlton. So, we're all taking turns practicing our dancing and running to th open bar. All is good, right? No. No, all is not good.

You seen, my sister was the emcee of the reception - she's kind of a professional at this whole emcee thing, we both are actually. She sees me drinking heavy, pulls me to the side and whispers very loud "YOU'RE DRINKING WAY TOO MUCH YOU NEED TO STOP!"

Oh. Hell. No.

So, I make it a point to drink incredibly heavy from that moment forward. On top of JW, I start shooting down tequila. I shotgunned a few beers out by the smoking area. I am a complete and total mess of a drunk, I have no idea what's going on, and then...

"IT'S NOT UNUSUAAAAAL TO BE LOVED... BY ANYONE..."

My song hits, and it's my time to shine! Jessica and I break out the hiding area and BOTH break into a perfect Carlton. This was my moment, I am now at a 67% BAC (give or take) and the crowd is only feeding my energy as they hoot and holler. In this moment, no man may ever claim to be my equal, I am master and commander of this moment. I realize my sister is probably right, I must slow down to enjoy the rest of the day. So, I go to my assigned table, sit down and kick something underneath the table...

Blue Label. A beautiful, unopened bottle of Blue Label. In the height of ecstacy of my moment, I completely forgot about the Blue Label. I simply cannot afford to stop drinking...so I pull out the bottle, show to the rest of the groomsmen (who equally forgot about the bottle) and we continue.

The rest of the night is an absolute blur. I remember yelling "That's me!" In every picture in the slideshow (not just pictures with me in them) I ended up making a speech (remember how I said I didn't want to be the best man because of speeches? So much for that) and I think I made out with a married woman. (Remember the lady who gave me a hundy to buy a bottle of Goose? Yeah, her. She was drunk. It's not the last time we will make out while drunk). I went home in the brides' brothers tuxedo jacket (he's like 5' 2" so the sleeves were halfway up my forearms) and crashed on my couch. Next morning, I got a ride from my sister to pick up my car at the grooms' house. This was the most uncomfortable 12 minute drive ...ever

Fun wedding. Fun, fun wedding.

Wedding ET sounds amazing, wow.

It's premium liquors, I don't know what the cutoff is for how high they go but it'll be worth. I'm gonna have a good time I'm sure of it. We have a loaded sweet potato soup, apple spinach salad, and either beef burgundy or an orange glazed chicken breast for entrée.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Matts is Kirk Cousins.

really good as long as he has other weapons.

prone to make errors in clutch situations

Are you Russell Wilson? Able to carry a team and win it all, never really get the glory you deserve, but also “awww shucks”  and are overly humble and friendly way too much so people don’t fully trust you/it provokes others out of envy?

• Like 1

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
But more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention