AFC and NFC are now tied all time in SB's

Bolts223

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

New England Patriots. Nuff said. 

Besides, do people really care about this at all? I would never have a serious conference vs conference debate. The thought of it alone is silly enough.

There have been more non Patriots AFC teams to win the SB than NFC teams in the last 6 years. (Broncos and Chiefs vs Eagles)

People will always make fun of the AFC for losing 13 in a row but fail to mention that 2 teams accounted for over half of those.

Edited by Bolts223

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

There have been more non Patriots AFC teams to win the SB than NFC teams in the last 6 years. (Broncos and Chiefs vs Eagles)

People will always make fun of the AFC for losing 13 in a row but fail to mention that 2 teams accounted for over half of those.

So we have established that the Patriots have dominated the league for the last 20 years.....ok. Where is the conversation supposed to go from here?

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So we have established that the Patriots have dominated the league for the last 20 years.....ok. Where is the conversation supposed to go from here?

I'm pointing out that people crap on the AFC for being a lesser conference.

But if you look at regular season head to heads and SB records of the last 15-20 years nothing backs that up.

If anything it shows the AFC has been better.

Edited by Bolts223

How does 54 years decide who is better right now? Makes no sense 

As someone else said, AFC is really top heavy with the Pats, Chiefs, and Ravens but the NFC overall is much more balanced with tons of good teams. Outside of the Giants, I don’t even think the NFC has a single bad team. Literally even think the Redskins can compete this year if Alex Smith comes back. The NFC is stacked. 

And the NFC has their own top heavy teams with the Niners, Saints, and Packers. Yeah Packers got smoked by the Niners twice but the NFL is all about matchups. No worse possible matchup for them than the Niners. 

Overall, I’d say it’s pretty even, but not sure why it’s a heated debate to begin with. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm pointing out that people crap on the AFC for being a lesser conference.

But if you look at regular season head to heads and SB records of the last 15-20 years nothing backs that up.

If anything it shows the AFC has been better.

Then you're talking to the wrong people then, my friend, because I have been talking sports for over 3 decades and  I have never once had a serious discussion about which conference has more wins. Simply because I don't think most people really care.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Then you're talking to the wrong people then, my friend, because I have been talking sports for over 3 decades and  I have never once had a serious discussion about which conference has more wins. Simply because I don't think most people really care.

I agree. Teams are teams.

You cant really compare a whole conference to each other

Maybe back in the day when the NFC won a whole bunch straight, but not now

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

How does 54 years decide who is better right now? Makes no sense 

As someone else said, AFC is really top heavy with the Pats, Chiefs, and Ravens but the NFC overall is much more balanced with tons of good teams. Outside of the Giants, I don’t even think the NFC has a single bad team. Literally even think the Redskins can compete this year if Alex Smith comes back. The NFC is stacked. 

And the NFC has their own top heavy teams with the Niners, Saints, and Packers. Yeah Packers got smoked by the Niners twice but the NFL is all about matchups. No worse possible matchup for them than the Niners. 

Overall, I’d say it’s pretty even, but not sure why it’s a heated debate to begin with. 

Uhh Lions and Redskins were even worse than the Giants this year.