General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

Just now, Forge said:

It's tripping me up that places and people aren't just adding the estimated amount in from the start

I mean technically the owners decide if they want to roll the money over right? So probably just waiting for them to make it official. Thought I can't imagine any owner NOT ever rolling over the full amount? 

When is the deadline for the franchise tag?

Surprised Brady isn't on the Chargers or Colts list. Titans overpaid Tannehill. I don't even like Brady but would have paid him over Tannehill for 2 years and draft a QB this year in the 1st round.

As for us, still hoping we re-sign Sanders and Armstead.

It is Jason La Canfora, but he is saying the Niners are making "significant headway" towards a long term deal with Armstead. Lombardi thinks Armstead will command 14M a season....Which is actually not that bad. Kind of an underpay to be honest, especially with the cap heading towards potentially 240M next season. I think Armstead can get more on the open market, but let's see what he actually ends up getting.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is Jason La Canfora, but he is saying the Niners are making "significant headway" towards a long term deal with Armstead. Lombardi thinks Armstead will command 14M a season....Which is actually not that bad. Kind of an underpay to be honest, especially with the cap heading towards potentially 240M next season. I think Armstead can get more on the open market, but let's see what he actually ends up getting.

So it isn't happening then...

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, I was just going to post the jlc thing. 

If we get him at 14, he's absolutely under paid and I would be getting that deal done pronto