General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

On 3/10/2020 at 8:30 PM, oldman9er said:

With Kittle, Deebo, and OBJ... we'd without question be back in the SB.

.. but whatever.. no point in discussing the OBJ dream that will never be. 

giphy.webp?cid=790b76117cac4593b302dbd83

More like a nightmare....want no parts of that dude on this team. Dude is a headcase and I find myself questioning his intelligence often.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I mean, technically it's right. I don't know how many times he plays an edge, but it's not many. 

That being said, I'd be very surprised if it really factors into it. Buck has to be looking at a long term deal at some point. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, technically it's right. I don't know how many times he plays an edge, but it's not many. 

That being said, I'd be very surprised if it really factors into it. Buck has to be looking at a long term deal at some point. 

I think yates is saying the difference between DE tag and DT tag is big. So hes making less this year and will make less next year under a tag, which means he may be willing to take a little bit less for long term security. That might not be true, buts what yates is saying. 

Not sure why anyone thought he was a DE but I guess that was because we used to play the 3-4. 

I'm guessing we should see a bit of a flurry of 49er moves in the next 24 hours? We haven't made any cuts yet to improve the cap situation. Not Jet, not Coleman, not goodwin, etc. We have several important pieces coming up on FA in the next day or so. No tag or extension on AA. Haven't talked to Manny about a deal yet according to him. I'm assuming that we were waiting on the CBA 

How does everyone feel about the new CBA/17 game season and added playoff teams? As much as I love football I don’t really care for the additional games. I think with the longer seasons it will lead to use seeing more and more star players retiring earlier and earlier. Maybe that’s not the case and I just don’t like change. I guess I haven’t read to deeply into it. Does this just mean the top seeds no longer get a bye in the playoffs?

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Less. But nominal. Estimated for a lot of people was 200

Thanks, that's what I figured. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm guessing we should see a bit of a flurry of 49er moves in the next 24 hours? We haven't made any cuts yet to improve the cap situation. Not Jet, not Coleman, not goodwin, etc. We have several important pieces coming up on FA in the next day or so. No tag or extension on AA. Haven't talked to Manny about a deal yet according to him. I'm assuming that we were waiting on the CBA 

Absolutely. You're going to see a leaguewide flurry of moves soon……..That is if the owners don't agree to push back the league year, which is certainly possible. 

I'm also curious where the roll over is? It seems like that hasn't been added in? Is it going to be? We had 15 million available in space for 2019 I'm pretty sure, but currently we are at 14 million for 2020. I'm assuming that the rollover will be added at some point in the next couple of days

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm also curious where the roll over is? It seems like that hasn't been added in? Is it going to be? We had 15 million available in space for 2019 I'm pretty sure, but currently we are at 14 million for 2020. I'm assuming that the rollover will be added at some point in the next couple of days

It definitely gets rolled over at start of new league year.