General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Keeping Diggs away from Seattle would also be good. Don't the Browns have a ton of cap space? .... just throwing that out there. 

I thought of the Browns as well...and yeah, they could do that, but I don't know if they have the hole at 3-tech. That being said, we touched on this in hte podcast that dropped this morning, but I kind of actually lean toward Diggs at this point, particularly if he's not going to force a new deal. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I thought of the Browns as well...and yeah, they could do that, but I don't know if they have the hole at 3-tech. That being said, we touched on this in hte podcast that dropped this morning, but I kind of actually lean toward Diggs at this point, particularly if he's not going to force a new deal. 

Yeah, he's a bit younger than Odell and comes without some of the headaches Beckham brings. I would not be a huge fan of a 1 for 1 trade though, really for either of the receivers. The reason I brought up Cleveland is based on our previous interest and the fact that they are in the AFC. Keeping Diggs away from Seattle would be legit though, assuming it's Diggs, plus something. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah, he's a bit younger than Odell and comes without some of the headaches Beckham brings. I would not be a huge fan of a 1 for 1 trade though, really for either of the receivers. The reason I brought up Cleveland is based on our previous interest and the fact that they are in the AFC. Keeping Diggs away from Seattle would be legit though, assuming it's Diggs, plus something. 

If we do this, I wonder if we could secure Everson Griffen on a cheap 1 year deal.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

How high does Buckner plus our 1st get us in the draft? Enough to get in the Jeudy/Lamb sweepstakes? 

I would certainly think so. Although, I'd be a bit bummed out if we just used Buckner to move up in the draft. If we got a 1st round pick in that range straight up, then I may be interested, but just using him to move up would be extremely disappointing to me. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I would certainly think so. Although, I'd be a bit bummed out if we just used Buckner to move up in the draft. If we got a 1st round pick in that range straight up, then I may be interested, but just using him to move up would be extremely disappointing to me. 

Haha, well there is your answer. I gotta think that pick is going to be a WR at this point. 

Trade AND deal: Colts trade first-round pick (13th overall) to 49ers for All-Pro DT DeForest Buckner, who already has agreed to a massive contract that pays him $21 million a year and makes him the second-highest paid DT in NFL history behind only Aaron Donald, sources tell ESPN.