General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

With Brady gone and likely to sign in TB, our chances of signing Sanders increase, right? He's not going to want to go to NE with QB uncertainty. I'm guessing it comes down to us or GB.

Not sure what the Saints money looks like, but that's an option. Baltimore should absolutely be an option. Indianapolis as well. 

Just now, Forge said:

Not sure what the Saints money looks like, but that's an option. Baltimore should absolutely be an option. Indianapolis as well. 

Ah, forgot about the Saints. That's a really good fit there. I think he would choose us over the Ravens. Colts with Rivers? Possible.

Still think it will be us or GB....But question, does Shanny REALLY want him back or he wants to go a true game changer either in the draft or in a trade? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ah, forgot about the Saints. That's a really good fit there. I think he would choose us over the Ravens. Colts with Rivers? Possible.

Still think it will be us or GB....But question, does Shanny REALLY want him back or he wants to go a true game changer either in the draft or in a trade? 

Probably be hard for him to get targets with Kittle, Samuel, and Lamb taking them all up. 
giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Probably be hard for him to get targets with Kittle, Samuel, and Lamb taking them all up. 
giphy.gif

Right, so in that case does Shanny REALLY want him back? I'm not fully convinced about that. The fact we were after Hooper is telling. Shanny is going to make some big changes to the offense to make it more lethal in the passing game. Can be by drafting one of the top three WRs in the draft, or he has a trade cooking.

Shanny better hit with whatever WR he drafts early, if he does. Seriously, has anyone else invested more in the WR position in the draft since 2017 than us? Taylor (5th), Pettis (2nd), Samuel (2nd), Hurd (3rd) and potentially another in the first round of this draft? This WR core needs to start rivaling the Bucs WRs ASAP lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, so in that case does Shanny REALLY want him back? I'm not fully convinced about that. The fact we were after Hooper is telling. Shanny is going to make some big changes to the offense to make it more lethal in the passing game. Can be by drafting one of the top three WRs in the draft, or he has a trade cooking.

Shanny better hit with whatever WR he drafts early, if he does. Seriously, has anyone else invested more in the WR position in the draft since 2017 than us? Taylor (5th), Pettis (2nd), Samuel (2nd), Hurd (3rd) and potentially another in the first round of this draft? This WR core needs to start rivaling the Bucs WRs ASAP lol.

After what Baalke did (or didn't do), should we really be concerned? I'm not. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

After what Baalke did (or didn't do), should we really be concerned? I'm not. 

Concerned? I mean for us to maintain this run, we're going to really need to hit it out of the park with our early picks. Need day one contributors and those that will be forces down the road. As seen yesterday, will not be able to re-sign everyone so this is the only way to make this work. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, and I've maintained this since the end of the season, I don't really see the value in bringing back Sanders. We are going to have to pay him #1 money (low end #1 money probably, but still) and he won't be our number 1. Samuel is already more dynamic at receiver, and let's be real here, Kittle is our #1 target in the passing game. It'd be awesome to get a true #1 in the draft (Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs in a trade down) Deebo would be an amazing high end #2 or 1b if you will. Out passing offense would take off if we could make that work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Don't we also get a comp pick with Sanders leaving? Kind of makes it a no brainer for me with how tight on cash we are. Especially with the chance to grab a top tier WR. 

I think it depends on the contract he signs and how much he plays next year. I imagine we will get a comp pick, but how high is dependent on those factors I believe.