General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Also need about 8 million of that for draft class. So we are at $0 for the most part unless we start cutting and trading. 

Doesn't McKinnon's restructure add about 4.5M to that figure? Or is he taking that into consideration already? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Doesn't McKinnon's restructure add about 4.5M to that figure? Or is he taking that into consideration already? 

He did say before so would assume no. But he didn't count Blair's cap hit either though...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think it depends on the contract he signs and how much he plays next year. I imagine we will get a comp pick, but how high is dependent on those factors I believe. 

.. and how many FAs we sign that were not cut by other teams.  

So far we have 0 of those type players so sanders would net us a comp pick in 2021 depending on his contract AAV and playing time/on field contribution. If we sign someone, then we will have lost 1 player and gained 1 player, and will therefore have no comp picks. 

Doesnt seem like we have the money to sign anyone else though, unless we cut coleman, which should be the next domino to fall

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Even Engram for Dwelley who says no? 

We do. Engram cant block. If you cant run block you cant play offense for the 49ers. Engram is a slow, lazy WR. You cant line him up in a 3 point stance and expect anything from him. 

Dwelley is our backup FB. Engram could never play FB. Hard pass from me

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Hmmmmmmm

Doesn't super surprise me. A little pricey, and I don't think that he's that good...so I'm confused why we went that route as opposed to just bringing Garland back, but with Richburg's issues, I get why we were looking.