2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I definitely knew more than Jay or Bruce lol. Hell, most of us do. A 3-13 team with a ton of cap space sitting on their hands in free agency when they have holes all over the roster is one of the weirdest things I’ve seen. Jon Bostic is a replacement level player at one of the most important positions on defense. If they’re bringing him back it’s not to be a backup so it’s just silly.

You can’t sit here and pay Landon Collins $90M and then turn around and claim one of the better young TEs in football is too much money at less than half of that. Just overpay Ebron, sign Kendall Fuller and Cordy Glenn and be done with it already. It’s the same thing every year. 

I don't know why you are so upset. It's going to be ok. There are still good players out there for us to sign like those you mentioned, Jack Conklin, Corey Littleton, Amari Cooper, Byron Jones, James Bradberry etc. 

I wanted Hopper too, but it's not going to ruin my day that we didn't sign him.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Have Jack Conklin or Corey Littleton signed yet? I don't think they have. Hmm 🤔

Littleton was heavily linked to the Raiders, but they just signed Kwiatkowski. They could still sign Littleton too, but it seems less likely now

1 minute ago, Canuck said:

Littleton was heavily linked to the Raiders, but they just signed Kwiatkowski. They could still sign Littleton too, but it seems less likely now

According to Keim most of the LBs have been deemed out of our price range. 

1 minute ago, Canuck said:

I think they play different LB positions don’t they? 

Kwiatkowski seems more of a true MLB, Littleton is a WLB.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

According to Keim most of the LBs have been deemed out of our price range. 

Well that’s vague. To be specific, Keim was talking about MLB’s.

He didn't say that the OLB’s were not something they were looking at.

Edited by turtle28

I think the thing that’s frustrating to me is that the whole point of the next offseason or two is supposed to be putting Haskins in the best position to succeed. 

And thus far this offseason, we have the Trent saga and the near certainty that we’ll have to replace our long term LT. Then we lose Flowers in FA, so we’ll absolutely have to replace our starting LG from last season. We can’t get a long-term deal done with our starting RG, so there’ll be uncertainty (and perhaps discontent) there, as well as an outsized cap hold. Rumors suggest they were looking at RB as a need/want, which doesn’t bode well for how they feel about the health of the Guice/Love duo. 

And we also have absolutely no TE who can play on the roster. There’s a young guy who makes it to the FA market, towards the top of the league at the position — a perfect fit for us. And 20 minutes into tampering, we’ve already lost him. Not on a crazy deal, not to a proven winner — for $11M AAV to the Cleveland F. Browns.

Do they respond to losing Hooper by going all-in on Cooper or making a trade for one of these star WRs that are on the block? Sure doesn’t look like it. Per the most recent “needs” list provided by a reporter (purportedly) from the team, they’re looking for a WR3.

We’re not even using our best asset (pick 2) on offense. So how/where are we getting better on that side of the ball to put Haskins in position to succeed? We’ve only gotten worse on the offensive side, and the avenues to get better aren’t infinite. 

And the worst part, for me at least, is that we’re getting the same “spin” BS that it’s always been in recent years when they didn’t want to spend. They like the guys they have — who are guys like UDFA WRs, journeyman MLBs, and other roster filler — and they “can’t justify” spending the money to get better players when the gap between them is just thissss small.

It feels a whole lot like the same old, same old from recent years thus far. Maybe they jump in with a deal for a guy like Cooper or Littleton or Jones, or a few legitimately good (if tier two/three) players like Fuller and Schobert and Boston. But I have no faith that that’s going to happen at this point. 

• Like 2